How long can our LGS last without product to sell????

This is a discussion on How long can our LGS last without product to sell???? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to LGS yesterday...it's been here for a long time..they have little of nothing to sell in handguns and ammo and just a few rifles...said ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How long can our LGS last without product to sell????

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Went to LGS yesterday...it's been here for a long time..they have little of nothing to sell in handguns and ammo and just a few rifles...said everything is on backorder...don't know when they will receive products.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Considering the profit made from selling their inventory, long enough to restock. They can always close for a vacation for a few weeks or skeleton crew.
    Badey, Drgnfly, Bad Bob and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    hopefully they stashed some cash away for times like this.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I was just thinking the same thing after stopping by my LGS. The owner and I laughed about changing the name to "******" limited accesories for guns

My LGS seems to be doing fine on stock or SA handguns but it's a ghost town when it comes to AR's and all major handgun ammo. I'm guessing all the money they've made will do well to keep them afloat.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

VIP Member
    2 very hard months for a small business could put the company's financials so far behind that it may be very difficult for them to fully recover. With some banks refusing to loan these businesses money or reneging on prior loans/lines of credit deals, many of the smaller businesses could be in some serious financial troubles which may force them to close their doors.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    2 very hard months for a small business could put the company's financials so far behind that it may be very difficult for them to fully recover. With some banks refusing to loan these businesses money or reneging on prior loans/lines of credit deals, many of the smaller businesses could be in some serious financial troubles which may force them to close their doors.
    Could this be part of the plan?
    darbo likes this.

My LGS is such a "Spit & Whittle Club" for the regulars that we would not POSSIBLY let 'em close. Our wives frown on us geezers spending the day in a bar or a strip joint.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    Could this be part of the plan?
    There is increasing political pressure being put on banks and investment firms to pull their holdings of firearms related companies. There is a huge questions as to whether this is legal. The answer to your questions is, YES, it is their plan to try to force some of these companies out of business. Will it succeed? Only time will tell.

I haven't noticed any "For Sale" signs out in front of the LGS's.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This morning I went to Local Gun store to get a project gun i wanted to send it to Gemini Custom which now does Magnaporting. I was stunned there were 40 to 50 people in line waiting for the store to open. They had no revolvers except for the monsters an no ammo in 9mm, 38 or 45 an this is a big store. Went to two more finally found a S&W model 60, Last one in the city I guess this is obamas way of boosting the economy

They've made a killing selling their stockpile that would have lasted them 2-4 years at most likely inflated prices over the last few months. I would not worry about them one bit.....

I would worry about manufacturers and what they will be doing to resupply.
    sparkykb likes this.

I wonder the same about my LGS. They make their money primarily off their range. Last Saturday they were completely out of virtually all normal range ammo in any caliber. It's got to be hurting.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Interesting question and one that I've pondered myself. You'd think the sudden surge of sales would give them enough of a bankroll to keep paying their staff, but I don't think it's that simple unless the shop has a guarantee of when they will get more stock in. If a shop owner has no indication of when he/she will have more inventory to sell, they have no way of knowing how much they need to allocate to keep paying their staff regular hours, as well as other costs of operating such as rent, insurance, and utilities. You can tell your salesmen to take a half-day, but your other operating costs never take a day off.

Administrator
    It works this way- On the shelf stock is sold out, but stuff still is trickling in. When that stuff does come in, there is an instant buyer or somebody already has their name on it.
    ctr likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links