CWL turnaround time in Georgia

This is a discussion on CWL turnaround time in Georgia within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife applied for her CWL in Georgia on 1/14/2013. She received it yesterday in the mail....16 day turnaround time. Much quicker than I expected, ...

Thread: CWL turnaround time in Georgia

CWL turnaround time in Georgia

My wife applied for her CWL in Georgia on 1/14/2013. She received it yesterday in the mail....16 day turnaround time. Much quicker than I expected, as the lines were long both at the courthouse and at the fingerprinting location.
    With so many new applicants these days, I thought it would be months.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Just be glad you don't live in Florida or it would be months. Congrats on her permit.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Wow

Yes I did mine last November and the turn around was 35 days well ahead of the 60 day requirement. Line at courthouse was short and line at Sandy Springs Police was me only. Only bad issue was I had to go into downtown Atlanta unarmed to pick it up. My brother covered my back while I went in to get it and as soon as I was in the car I suited Up fully loaded. I don't go out in public these days unarmed, especially when we just had a School Shooting on the campus of a middle school where you have to go thru a metal detector to get to. Wonder why it did not work. I wonder what existing state, local and federal gun laws the 15 year old shooter will not be charged with??? The only good thing out of it is the child shot will go home tonight with a flesh wound to the neck. Late news states that the shooter emptied the gun after shooting the student at other students and missed them all. Gun Free Zones and more Gun Control will make us all safer, WRONG.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Just be glad you don't live in Florida or it would be months. Congrats on her permit.
    Not if you are Renewing one,, Then it's in & Out ; ) PS That's at a ag. Office

H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

55 days in Clayton county

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Not if you are Renewing one,, Then it's in & Out ; ) PS That's at a ag. Office

H/D
    You're right they send the renewal notices out in plenty of time. No need for me to go to an office for a renewal, however if it was my first time applying it would be months. at least down this way appointments at regional office are already into April.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Links