Firearms not allowed at work, but we've been cautioned about a disgruntled fired empl

This is a discussion on Firearms not allowed at work, but we've been cautioned about a disgruntled fired empl within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jemsaal I know everyone here is talking about the job being lost, but what about legal ramifications? In your state, if you ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Firearms not allowed at work, but we've been cautioned about a disgruntled fired empl

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    I know everyone here is talking about the job being lost, but what about legal ramifications?

In your state, if you have a gun on a property that you know is not allowed, is it considered trespassing? In most states, it is, however, the way you have to "find out" varies.

If it's trespassing, is it criminal trespassing? Is it a felony? Is it a strong enough misdemeanor that you might lose your ability to carry concealed over it? It seems to me that the likely-hood of being in a situation where you need your weapon in this kind of situation, and then would be able to use it, is much, MUCH less than the likely-hood of needing a weapon for home-defense or to protect yourself from getting mugged. Again, I don't know the laws of your state, but I'd DEFINITELY find out what I could be charged with if they found me with a weapon, whether I could lose my CCL or not, and also whether it would be enough to have the rest of my guns confiscated. States have strange laws - as do the feds.

Just found out that if anyone in the country gets a "medical marijuana" card, they immediately lose their ability to carry a weapon. Would have never put those two together. That's why I'm saying, just make sure of the consequences legally as well before making your choice.

Then, after everything else, it's your choice to make. Hope it all turns out well for ya! Oh, and if you DO decide to go concealed, I think I would use the concealed carry undershirts myself. That way, you don't have to worry about the "clunk" when you pants hit the floor in the bathroom, or when you sit down in the break room, and you just have to undo a button in a button down shirt to get it if you need it.
    Fortunately, I don't live in an anti-gun state. Carrying a concealed weapon inside a posted building for a ccw permit holder is not a criminal act. In fact, it states that right in the statute. You must be given an opportunity to disarm or leave the premises if caught. If you refuse to leave and the police are called, it's an ordinance violation and a $100 fine. No losss of permit until any further incidents within six months of the original occurence. And still no criminal act.

Interesting information on the medical marijuana issue. Do you have a source for that law. Since the CCW is controlled by each individual state, and the feds have nothing to do with issuing ccw, and since it's individual states who issues medical marijuana permits, I don't see how it conflicts with federal law. I don't doubt it's true, I would just like to read up on it. I've never heard that. But then again, my state hasn't legalized marijuana.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It sure beats being killed in a workplace shooting while you were unarmed.
    We'd much rather read about you loosing your job and needing a new one than to have the Mods move you to Bob and Terry's place.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Firearms not allowed at work, but we've been cautioned about a disgruntled fired empl

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Fortunately, I don't live in an anti-gun state. Carrying a concealed weapon inside a posted building for a ccw permit holder is not a criminal act. In fact, it states that right in the statute.
    As Bark'n said, it varies by state. Our CCW law (WA) is the same as Bark'n notes -- not illegal. Everyone should check their state CCW laws (you should be familiar with them anyway) and follow them.

-john

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links