OWB carry problems...Anyone have a solution?

This is a discussion on OWB carry problems...Anyone have a solution? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I second that statement!! Originally Posted by QKShooter If your belt sags then a stiffer gun belt is needed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: OWB carry problems...Anyone have a solution?

I second that statement!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    If your belt sags then a stiffer gun belt is needed.
    I Love Guns!!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Could be as much a holster issue as anything. Show your holster photo from the company sight.
    here is site photo....Mitch Rosen 5JR...........

5jrn.jpg
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    here it is on the belt...the belt is pulled so tight it hurts.....

holster.jpg
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Sounds like you need a better belt. I've had good experiences with the Cabelas "Double Duty".

Isn't there a belt loop on those pants hiding behind your holster, or do those pants only have grand total of only...four loops? If there's one hiding back there, make sure you run your belt through it BETWEEN running your belt through the holster slots. If there isn't one, change to different pants.
    Luis50 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Isn't there a belt loop on those pants hiding behind your holster, or do those pants only have grand total of only...four loops? If there's one hiding back there, make sure you run your belt through it BETWEEN running your belt through the holster slots. If there isn't one, change to different pants.
    This!!!!^^^^^ It makes all the difference. I carry OWB about 95% of the time year round. I carry a G19.

However, that still won't sub for a belt that is not stiff enough. I carry with either a full leather snap off scabbard or a hybrid beltslide carried on a Fatboy belt. There is no sag in that Fatboy! I carries tight enough with the hybrid that it pushes the gun into my side just a touch. It certainly doe not sag out any. You can't beat a good gun belt for OWB carry.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I wear a Wilderness Tactical belt. There are a ton of positive reviews out there for it and, to me, it makes all the difference.
    Owner, Maple Leaf Firearms LLC (07 FFL/02SOT)

Also, I forgot to add, I believe you can get an extra stiff version.
    Owner, Maple Leaf Firearms LLC (07 FFL/02SOT)

A gun belt is needed. I can see the sag in your current get up. It hurts because you're trying to compensate for a sagging belt by over-tightening it. Look at Beltman for a nice match with the Rosen.
    Luis50 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    ^^^
    Or you could get one of Rosen's matching belts. Make sure the width of your belt matches the width of the slots in the specific holster as well or you will be dealing with a whole different set of issues.

One of my favorite gun belts is the High Noon Rock Steady, two straps of leather with a strip of polymer sandwiched and stitched in between. The best belt I've found for carrying heavy Govt. 1911's and extra mags.
    Good luck with the belt and I wanted to tell you the holster is nice. I like Rosen's work and after you let us know that was the holster you were using I dismissed it as the problem.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links