Following your instinct - Page 2

Following your instinct

This is a discussion on Following your instinct within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This country is not the same anymore That is the truth. On the other hand, I dont want to be one that contributes to its ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Following your instinct

Senior Moderator
    This country is not the same anymore
    That is the truth.

On the other hand, I dont want to be one that contributes to its demise by refusing to help someone out.

I think that when we all meet up at the day of Judgement, we will be judged for the things we did and the things that we should have done, but didn't.

It's one thing to refuse to help someone because your spidey senses are tingling, it's quite another to use the fact that its a "dangerous world out there" as an excuse to not render aid if needed.

To each his own I guess.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Trust your gut.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Like the Rock used to say a few years ago, "It doesn't matter what anybody thinks". What does matter is that you are here to tell the story and no one was physically harmed. Following your instincts may hurt someone elses feelings but will usually bring you home safe and sound. Good job.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Where can I get one of those free phones?

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Yes!, follow your gut feeling.what you know is, he had a child with him,daughter maybe. I try to help when I can, but if I get "that feeling" no way.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I probably would have helped. But first have him try to start the car on his own to verify what he is saying.

A few weeks back my car died at the intersection leaving my work at night. I asked one guy who was waiting for the stoplight to turn if he would help. He said no because he had been drinking at a local bar.

I should have told him that I'd call him in for a DUI if he didn't help. Ahh afterthough shoulda woulda coulda.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I've previously gone to substantial (and argumentative) lengths about my "semi-fearlessness" and regular willingness to help just about anybody in a bind (hitch hikers). In this case I'm gonna' absolutely agree with the OP's actions. Science says that we humans (homo sapiens) came to full, modern mental-capacity ~50,000 years ago. That means we've had a l-o-n-g time through m-a-n-y generations of natural selection. People who've live the longest & healthiest had the most number of off-spring, so their genetic & behavioral tendencies most effect the next generation, and the next, and the next. We were ALL therefore statistically given a continuously heightened sense of awareness (dull cavemen were EATEN!). So, if your "Spider Sense" ever begins going-off, pay attention. It's the gift of your great, great, great, great, great, great...(etc.) grand parents to help you get home safely to your family.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Two things. If my dog doesn't like you ... you have no chance with me and trust the little hairs on the back of your neck.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    I gave a guy a jump in the Wal Mart parking lot today.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Depends... some people have horrible instincts and ability to read situations. Some, are good.

I don't call it 'instinct" , I call it "gut feeling" . I always found mine to turn out to be good...... and what I think it is, you are subsconscously catching or recognizing something that consciously you can't immediately put your finger on... but it's there.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

With as much gut as I have, if I don't follow it there's the distinct possibility it could revolt on me...and win.

Yes, always follow your instincts. Even if they're wrong, I'd rather them be wrong 20 times and me listened to them than them be right 1 time and me not.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Statics seem to indicate that people with poor instincts in a potential 'bad guy' scenario tend to become victims...who da' thunk?

Trust your gut...if it walks like a duck...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ill help about anybody as far jumping cars, I flat out always stop for motorcycles unless they wave me on. That brotherhood thing again. Its got look pretty hinky for me not help out somebody with a busted car dead battery etc. Even if it does I still may but I keep my eye on em and dont let em get in any position to jump me or get to close to me. Im not above telling someone to go stand over there and Ill get the thing going for ya.

Not much for giving people money unless I know em. The druggies and bums ive found polite they take as either they can talk you into it if they keep trying or fear. They get usually get a grumbled Forget it im broke go away. And they do
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Better safe than safe than sorry!

Man, this post reminds me of the old "MASH" music theme- "...paranoia runs rampant...".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links