oh crap, g30 got my attention.

This is a discussion on oh crap, g30 got my attention. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well... I was at the range when I got an email about trading my current ccw for a g30. Since I was at the range ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh crap, g30 got my attention.

Well... I was at the range when I got an email about trading my current ccw for a g30. Since I was at the range I figured hell ill shoot the g30 and holy heck does it work great in my hands. It just feels perfect and shoots just like it feels. My only concern is the width because I plan to carry. The g36sf was good but not a fan of the single stack because I'm going from a 1911 and want more brass on my gun that's the only reason I considered the g30. I'm wondering what yall use if yall ccw a g30, I carry a full size 1911 now so weight is not a problem but the width is a huge difference. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I can sympathize with you, I made the mistake of holding a G30S, now my hands are having withdrawal....................
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

The G30 has been one of my primary carry weapons for several years. I have worn it IWB but I much prefer a good OWB holster and I just dress accordingly.

It is really a good gun, amazingly accurate and the recoil seems mild.

I know the very first time I picked one up and sighted down the frame it was like looking at an aircraft carrier, big and wide. But after owning one for a while it does not feel bad at all.

I think the new G30s may be a good gun but I have only seen it in magazines.

A coworker of mine just bought a G30. I compared it side by side with my G19. Not much of a difference. We went to the range the next day together and now I know what my next firearm will be.

VIP Member
    The G30 looks interest. I've been thinking it over for a while. Currently have a G36, which is a great pistol.

Love my G30. Best purchase I think I ever made. I carry it in a Crossbreed SupeTuk Deluxe IWB holster. I've carried it for so long this way I don't even know it's there.

The gun just felt...... Great. I had no complaints at all, I can't carry owb, I guess ill just suck it up and quit whining before I try it. Worst comes to worse I trade it for another 1911.

I have both the G-36 and the G-30SF...they are almost identical for carry purposes IMHO...the '30' is just a bit heavier.
    As far as ammo concerns, my Kimbers all had 7-round mags, my Glock-36 has a 6-round mag...not much difference there either.
    I would venture to say that in most defensive situations, 6+1 should be plenty, and I do carry an extra mag (two if going to Jax or Orlando).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I second Retsupt99's comments. The only "issue" I have with my G30 is its weight, but that's the price one pays for carrying a larger capacity .45. The size isn't that much different from other .45s

I don't do IWB very well (Too much of me to fit inside a belt, much less adding in a gun) and find OWB much more comfortable. In hindsight I think I might have been just a pleased with a G36, but I do enjoy shooting the G30, and I use a Advantage Arms .22 conversion slide with it to make it more affordable to shoot.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    The G30 has been one of my primary carry weapons for several years. I have worn it IWB but I much prefer a good OWB holster and I just dress accordingly.

It is really a good gun, amazingly accurate and the recoil seems mild.

I know the very first time I picked one up and sighted down the frame it was like looking at an aircraft carrier, big and wide. But after owning one for a while it does not feel bad at all.

I think the new G30s may be a good gun but I have only seen it in magazines.
    Looking forward to the G30s also. I have been carrying my G30 in my EDC rotation for several years. Bought a G36 and didn't care for the single stack. I put the 36 slide on my 30 frame a year or so ago and love it. For those that compare the 30 to the 19, I have to say that the 30/36 is much better. To each his own.....
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I carry a glock 27 IWB in a CBST without a problem

I Love mine its a great gun. i would recommend anyone just hold it.from there it sells itself. it is my favorite carry gun.Totally Awesome.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

I love my G30SF. I carry it IWB with an AKJ Concealco holster. AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather. It's a great holster and very comfortable to wear. I also like the G30 because I can use G21 mags for reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have both the G-36 and the G-30SF...they are almost identical for carry purposes IMHO...the '30' is just a bit heavier.
    As far as ammo concerns, my Kimbers all had 7-round mags, my Glock-36 has a 6-round mag...not much difference there either.
    I would venture to say that in most defensive situations, 6+1 should be plenty, and I do carry an extra mag (two if going to Jax or Orlando).

Yeah I figured the same that's why Im not interested in those. I want the 10+1.

Forgot today its also the 2.5 gen model which I hear its rare and mostly LE carry them. What's the value on it?

...not usually one to jump on a bandwagon, but I just got my G30 last week... Had read about it online, and went to the gun store soon after. Held a G30 SF and immediately traded my G23 for the big blocky .45..... Love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links