Request for DHS troops in Chicago - Page 3

Request for DHS troops in Chicago

This is a discussion on Request for DHS troops in Chicago within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Excuse my ignorance but what are SHAWN troops ?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Request for DHS troops in Chicago

Excuse my ignorance but what are SHAWN troops ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Too bad Al Capone isnt still alive. The gang violence in Chicago would be non-existent.
    Al Capone would not have a chance with these gangs now.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    No. No. No. You can't disarm the public by allowing them more access to guns! Remember, it's not a crime problem, or a drug problem, or a gang problem; it's a GUN problem.
    Actually it's a li(e)beral problem.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Absolutely. The Chicago gangs are why we have a National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) banning the private ownership of fully automatic weapons and other, then, gang preferred weapons.

National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1968 Gun Control Act (GCA) gave us the ATF form 4473, and importation bans of guns that the Executive branch found "offensive" under the guise of "Not for Sporting Use". The first real infringement upon the 2nd Amendment's reason for being....protection from a tyrannous government.

Gun Control Act of 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Brady Act) of 1993 gave us background checks as a way to "prevent handgun violence".

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With the sunset of the original Feinstein assualt weapons ban and magazine limitation, those three acts that are left in force are the basis of most all the restrictions of the 2nd Amendment by the Feds. You poor ******** in California, New York, Illinois, and other North Eastern states have your own local problems!
    You make a valid point!

However, what many people don't realize today, is the number of gang-bangers in our communities today. Literally hundreds of thousands of gang-bangers are reeking havoc in our cities and communities, dealing drugs on the street corners, commiting home invasions and killing innocent people and themselves. It is out of control and law enforcement is not capible of dealing with it.

How does disarming the legal law abiding citizen deal with the root cause of lawless scum that doesn't care about any laws?

I propose a law to make everyone follow the law. That should make the bad guys shake in their boots!
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what are SHAWN troops ?
    Shawn troops are what you get when you don't proof read the predictive text on your smart phone. ;)
    Could be a troop of zombies ?
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Chicago should enact more gun laws! Obviously, the ones currently in force are insufficient and nobody has time to enforce them. New laws I say!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

mkh
    Whatever they do we can expect Chicago to do the wrong thing.
    GreatDanes likes this.

I've got an idea! Why don't they just ban PEOPLE in Chicago? That would be the most efficient way to lower the homicide rate in Chicago!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

It would be cheaper to relocate everyone not affiliated with a gang or crooked politician to a new friendlier place,then cordon off Chicago and let them play Gangsters and Gangsters,dig a few mass graves and once the smoke clears.Let the good people back in to take over that cess pool
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    It's 3am, I've read 3 posts, all were about the DHS, and all displayed an alarming level of ignorance as to what/who that agency is and what it does. Coincidence, or.......CONSPIRACY?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Chicago? I lived there, and I only have one question.

Its so freaking cold there in January, what are all those bangers doing OUTSIDE?

I say confiscate all the winter coats on the South Side, and problem solved. At least until Spring......which comes to Chicago sometime in June.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Saw on Fox news our hero Jesse.Jackson & the families of the latest round of 157 shootings & homicides are asking Obama to deploy DHS troops to Chicago. Would this action not require a declaration of martial law ? Wonder how Rahm would like this ?
    I wonder if these same people would be so agreeable if there were a republican in the white house...I think not.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Jesse.Jackson is a mistake to life
    hogdaddy likes this.

The man never held a real job............typical LLW parasite.......IMO, it's a beautiful thing Chicago......most stringent gun laws, no CCL's and they're shootin' each other like they're fish in a barrel.......Geeeeez, guess we need another gun law to stop it.....just ask Rhom Emanuel.....whoever the heck he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    You make a valid point!

However, what many people don't realize today, is the number of gang-bangers in our communities today. Literally hundreds of thousands of gang-bangers are reeking havoc in our cities and communities, dealing drugs on the street corners, commiting home invasions and killing innocent people and themselves. It is out of control and law enforcement is not capible of dealing with it.

How does disarming the legal law abiding citizen deal with the root cause of lawless scum that doesn't care about any laws?

I propose a law to make everyone follow the law. That should make the bad guys shake in their boots!

Ummmm no... In reality it's probably about nine or ten hard core bangers influencing about a dozen more. Add that to a hundred wanna be killers... I dont think this is as much a problem from a LE point of view as it is a political problem. I'm sure the Police can handle this problem without too much sweat, or any constitutional violations. This is all about politics... the politica of fear, and the politics of terror, and the politics of racial seperation for the power of a few. IMO this is about the black boogieman that must be kept at bay, and the populace is incapable of defending themselves. Hate to be the first to bring up race... but IMO thats what is being used as a tool to control the people. It's just politics of the ugliest kind.
    KBSR and hogdaddy like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links