Request for DHS troops in Chicago

This is a discussion on Request for DHS troops in Chicago within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Cordon off the entire gang area (all neighborhoods), pass out MORE guns and ammo and let 'em have a go at ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Request for DHS troops in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Cordon off the entire gang area (all neighborhoods), pass out MORE guns and ammo and let 'em have a go at it.
    Make sure that there is a line of Coroner's vans in place, wait a minute, they are already in line there... so no problem with transportation.
    Hmmmm, Free fire zones like some of the "drug zones" in European countries. Sorta let them take care of the issue themselves by preying on each other. In a perverse way actually makes sense.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Just sayin' wrongly, you should have added. Read history, it will set you free. If you don't think the gang related activity, then and now, is associated with turf wars, drug dealing and other associated crimes, then you have failed to understand what is really happening.
    I've never been to the city but I would counter your argument by suggesting that you drive around in the "wrong" area, get out to grab a pack of smokes and get back in your car, or better yet just walk 10 blocks down the sidewalk at twilight when the " man eaters" are prowling the reef. You would not be dealing or buying drugs, peeing on a wall to mark your turf, or committing any crime but I bet the odds are you would be in a bad situation before you finished your walk. Its a jungle with the rules of the jungle ...Plain and simple.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    I've never been to the city but I would counter your argument by suggesting that you drive around in the "wrong" area, get out to grab a pack of smokes and get back in your car, or better yet just walk 10 blocks down the sidewalk at twilight when the " man eaters" are prowling the reef. You would not be dealing or buying drugs, peeing on a wall to mark your turf, or committing any crime but I bet the odds are you would be in a bad situation before you finished your walk. Its a jungle with the rules of the jungle ...Plain and simple.

I don't disagree. What I meant is that gang activity, then and now, has plenty of "intramural" activity contributing to the high crime rates. But a predator is a predator and will prey on whomever they can, especially when a target of opportunity presents itself. But to say current gang activity is focused upon solely the innocent prey, is a misunderstanding of all the violence they use in protection of turf and their "commerce".
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links