CCW controls

This is a discussion on CCW controls within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It can and does: Recent Modifications to the FL Reciprocity List: July 1, 2009: NEVADA removed from the list because Nevada authorities terminated the agreement. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CCW controls

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It can and does:

Recent Modifications to the FL Reciprocity List:

July 1, 2009: NEVADA removed from the list because Nevada authorities terminated the agreement.

January 1, 2011: IOWA added to the list.

March 26, 2012: NEW MEXICO removed from the list because New Mexico authorities terminated the agreement.
    May 8, 2012: NEW MEXICO re-added to the list after authorities at the New Mexico Department of Public Safety confirmed that they would once again honor Florida concealed weapon licenses.

The most reliable and accurate list of reciprocy states is the individual state's own source, and even that is subject to garbage in/garbage out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    There is no way I am going to purchase an app and put on my phone this app which will identify the owner of the phone as an owner of a firearm.
    Well, I catch you trying to take my phone...you're going to find out anyway.
    gasmitty likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you travel as much As I do you can't remember it all! Yes I can remember what states honor mine and which don't, but I don't remember all the little things like which state wants you to present your ccw with you're dl if pulled over by the police or which states allow me to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol and which don't etc. etc. etc. I have all that info with me all the time ! I just thought this app was a good idea I'm not telling anyone they have to go and get it!

There is no way I am going to purchase an app and put on my phone this app which will identify the owner of the phone as an owner of a firearm.
    You visit a pro gun webs re on your computer and possibly on your phone add well... Trust me. If they want to know they do.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I looked all over for a dunb phone you know the kind that gets and makes phone calls and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    You visit a pro gun webs re on your computer and possibly on your phone add well... Trust me. If they want to know they do.
    Funny you said that! I was thinking the same thing when I read that comment! I just shook my head and took a quick glance up for black helicopters! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Xlegionnaire View Post
    1. It's free
    2. How does it identify you as anything?
    Tinfoil hat on...

Who else would need this app but a person who has a CC permit/license.

Track who downloaded the app and you have a list of people who CC.

Track the cellphone and you know where/who the people who CC most likely are (with their phone).

Do you think the government whats to know where the guns are and who has the guns?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    Never from the phone.

Oh they want to know alright!

That's why I recently sold everything during this "shortage"...made a good return on my investment.

Posting here under an alias is purely for entertainment purposes and the stuff I post here may not be factual.

Damn, where did I put that foil hat?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

There are so many ways they can follow us. Like a lot of others I sold all my guns but wanted the app just to stay up on what the different states are doing.
    Ted

S&W9c w/RMR Red Dot, Wilson CQB, LB Premier II
    STI HP Edge 40, STI Trojan 9mm

NRA Life Member

Never from the phone.

Oh they want to know alright!

That's why I recently sold everything during this "shortage"...made a good return on my investment.

Posting here under an alias is purely for entertainment purposes and the stuff I post here may not be factual.

Damn, where did I put that foil hat?
    You do know they can track the IP address of your computer right?

Updates can be VERY necessary. In 2012, NM had about 10 different changes of who they recognized, or what states recognized them.

That's an extreme case, but you can check through handgunlaw.us and find many states that had more than one reciprocity/recognition change in a year.

Now if there was a Handgunlaw app, that fetched data from that site, that would be killer.

Not that it matters to me, my phone is just barely bright - it can take pictures, make calls, and not much more. Doesn't even have any games at all.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Or you can just go to Travel Reciprocity - Mobile Devices and not load you phone down with yet another app.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Cooooooowell, thanks for the info.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links