40 days and still waiting for permit in mo

This is a discussion on 40 days and still waiting for permit in mo within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; St.louis co is sure dragging their feet on granting or denying ccw permits, ive read where they have went as far back as 35 years ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 40 days and still waiting for permit in mo

St.louis co is sure dragging their feet on granting or denying ccw permits, ive read where they have went as far back as 35 years on people and denied them for as much as a dwi.. If im denied can i try a different state if so any one know which i should try? Thanks

Well I'm certainly not an expert on this and only my opinion. I think any other state may do the same check. IE FBI, etc, and would have access to the same information. I am sure there will be someone who knows more than I do about this issue. I waited 87 days for mine.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    I have been waiting for about 45 days so far for mine in GA. I have to agree that all states are probably running pretty thorough checks, but I could be wrong. Check usacarry to see who has reciprocity with your state if you want to consider alternatives.

Go for a an Az or FL CWP.

My last renewal in Georgia took just over 45 days less than the 60 Day Limit. My brother took me down to the County Courthouse to pick the license up (no they don't mail it any more) at which time I suited up CCW when getting into the car.
    RickyD likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

GH
    I think part of the problem is the big rush to get CC permits. Many of the issuing authorities can't keep up with the load. Much the same is happening at gun stores with people hurrying to get guns, ammo, magazines.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    First thing you need to do is exhaust the appeal process, then ensure MO law will allow a resident to carry on an out of state non-resident permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

91 days exactly for me, in South Carolina.

90 days is about the norm for S.C.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    First thing you need to do is exhaust the appeal process, then ensure MO law will allow a resident to carry on an out of state non-resident permit.
    Just "Gee Whiz" info. It is legal for a Missouri resident to carry on an Out-of-State permit. Most that I know, carry on a Florida permit.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

Red face been running about 7 days here in Saline county

Quote Originally Posted by frankiev View Post
    St.louis co is sure dragging their feet on granting or denying ccw permits, ive read where they have went as far back as 35 years on people and denied them for as much as a dwi.. If im denied can i try a different state if so any one know which i should try? Thanks

That was as of 2/5/13. and they can not deny you for one DWI. You class would have told you all the pertinent information on that. I hope you weren't sleeping on that part

steve

30 days in WA state. Benton Co, In my paperwork they say it can take up to 30 days, and it was 30 days to the day for me last year, of course that was before all the gun grab over reaction nonsense as of late. I must also credit the local police dept for making the process a pleasant experience.

I think it is just the volume of applications. Last yr mine took exactly a week.My brother got his a few weeks ago and it took two weeks. Of course Greene County is much smaller than St Louis.Be patient i think you will hear an answer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiev View Post
    Stl. Co. states is can take up to 45 days to process the paperwork. If you haven't heard anything then you need to call the Sheriffs Department to check on it in case your notification was lost in the mail. Don't forget, once it is approved you only have a limited time to go to the DMV to get the permit. If you don't go within that time you may have to start the application process again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemgb View Post
    Don't forget, once it is approved you only have a limited time to go to the DMV to get the permit. If you don't go within that time you may have to start the application process again.
    DMV? Really? It was the Po Po office for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links