Motorcycle carry?

This is a discussion on Motorcycle carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm waiting for Illinois to drop the ban so I can see what the laws are, but I plan on finding a conceal holster that ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Motorcycle carry?

I'm waiting for Illinois to drop the ban so I can see what the laws are, but I plan on finding a conceal holster that I can switch from right hand pull to left hand pull. I can't envision taking my hand off the throttle to slap leather. Seems unsafe, but I guess it depends on how you ride.
    I am on a practically stripped 2000 Harley 1200c, and don't have many places to put the gun when I can't carry it into a certain business so I suppose I will be looking for a saddlebag I can lock that doesn't look ghey.
    - Hedimitrius

Need your knife sharpened? I offer free knife sharpening to all DC members. Just pay shipping both ways and I'll do the rest.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Motorcycle carry?

When I ride, I wear full protective gear. The 3/4 length touring jacket I wear could easily conceal a Desert Eagle, but accessing the weapon would be another story. My jacket has a hidden pocket behind a breast cargo pocket that a M&P 9c slides in and out of very nicely.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Pocket carry or Kangaroo Carry deep concealment holster. All the time.
    DSC05713.jpg
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

I like to keep my weapon in the same place on my person all the time. When I ride I'm not always wearing a jacket depending on the weather. For warm days I carry inside the waistband on my right hip and tuck my t-shirt under my belt from the bottom. that way the wind doesn't move the shirt and keeps my weapon concealed. On cold days my jacket covers it anyway.
    Ride Smart, Be Safe.

I ride daily, and carry just like I do when not riding. Ruger SR9 in a Remora holster. What's great is this holster lets me move it around and find the sweet spot when I'm on the bike. It might be what the poster above wanted for something that can be used on the left and right sides.

IWB, vest opening with holster, fanny pack, ... depends upon what I want to take along with me that day.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

When riding, I carry RH: IWB @ 4-4:30, LH: custom serpa shoulder...always carry both.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieHeart View Post
    If you ride, do you carry at all while on your bike and how do you carry? In a saddlebag? Open holster? Concealed holster?
    I haven't had a need to carry while on my bike, but will be doing more riding alone now and was just wondering what others do while riding. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be or even how safe or unsafe it would be.
    I have only one comment. You won't know you need a gun until you NEED it.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

I have this vest that has concealment pockets that fit any size handgun. Men's Black Leather 10 Pocket Motorcycle Vest with Utility Pockets - First Mfg Co. this one actually. I bought it for $40something I forget what site though. Both my p-85, and lc9 fit very well and comfortably. Even with a full size handgun and buttoned up you can't tell there is a gun in there. And who doesn't have a use for all those extra pockets?

Other than that vest I iwb. The retention on my holsters are very good (as in I can hold them upside down and my gun doesn't fall out) so I'm comfortable doing it iwb. If I didn't get hot so easily I would explore shoulder holsters but more often than not I need the breeze.

Motorcycle carry?

I carry IWB most often yet I do own a concealed carry vest that I sometimes use. Trouble with the vest is accessibility...takes to long to get to the gun if I ever need it.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    IWB at 3 same as EDC never noticed any difference, carry the same when I drive my truck..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Re: Motorcycle carry?

I carry on the bike same as off, usually iwb. No messing around moving it when i get off and no forgetting it in a saddlebag.

I ride an Aprilia Falco SL1000. Aprilia Falco.jpg I've been a pistol owner for about 5 years now and just recently got my CCW. I ordered a Sky High belt holster from High Noon specifically for carrying on my motorcycle or camping as it should be more comfortable. With being in the military, I always have to wear long sleeves, so I just wear a good riding jacket. I figure the jacket should help conceal my pistol when riding and if not completely, oh well, lol.
    ToxicDover likes this.

I bought a leather accessory bag with two strong magnets that hold the bag to my gas tank between my legs. Gun is in the pocket easy to get to and I just pull the bag off the tank and take it with me. Bought the bag at a mc store. It also has pouch for cell phone and wallet sunglasses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanes View Post
    As we are still a few months short of legal CC it's in the saddle bag for now......
    Attachment 67812
    GO ILLINOIS!! I'm really root'n for you folks, you've been get'n the "Chicago shaft" for far too long. I ACHED for a license to carry and then along came a sheriff in Stanislaus Co., CA who understood the 2nd Amendment and the basic right of self defense. I'm really hope'n you people in IL have a similar experience.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links