Motorcycle carry?

This is a discussion on Motorcycle carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you ride, do you carry at all while on your bike and how do you carry? In a saddlebag? Open holster? Concealed holster? I ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Motorcycle carry?

Motorcycle carry?

If you ride, do you carry at all while on your bike and how do you carry? In a saddlebag? Open holster? Concealed holster?
    I haven't had a need to carry while on my bike, but will be doing more riding alone now and was just wondering what others do while riding. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be or even how safe or unsafe it would be.

2. Remove Ads

I carry IWB as I do any other time. The comfort doesn't change for me. Until about 2 weeks ago I haven't owned a car for 15 years. MC only. Plus I have a Nano vault in the saddlebag with the cable bolted to the bike for those times when I may need to leave it there for a while.
    JDE101 likes this.

MJK
    IMHO it is unsafe to be unarmed when riding! As I prepare to ride my Harley Road King to a friend's new home this morning to help with pre-move-in projects, my G36 with a spare mag will be riding in an Alessi Bodyguard shoulder holster.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I ride my Harley Ultra Classic a lot, and I'm never unarmed. I carry a Kimber Ultra Raptor II (.45ACP) usually in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard with spare mags, and another in my right front pocket (Kimber Solo Carry 9MM).

I'll sometimes use an old Jackass Leather (Miami Classic) shoulder holster, in cooler weather.

Ride safe, be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    I ride all the time when home unless there is ice on the road. I carry AIWB which allows me to reach the gun without shifting around on the bike and I have no worries about the gun showing or becoming dislodged.

This method also works well in cold weather as I simply have to raise my jacket up slightly to access my firearm.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

i use a good belt holster and/or a shoulder holster for the g23. a pocket holster works well for my pocket gun. in other words i carry the same on my bike as i do off my bike.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    AIWB makes the most sense, but was always the first thing to wear on me after just a couple hours of riding. I now carry the same as I do when I'm off the bike. IWB @ 3:30.

I view carrying while riding as an absolute must - I'm stopping for gas far more frequently than in a car and am often passing through towns that I'm not familiar with.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    IWB

As we are still a few months short of legal CC it's in the saddle bag for now......

DracoNsaddlebag-1.jpg

Disclaimer

Above image is for illustration purposes only.

sioux565 and KBSR like this.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I do not like to carry holstered when I ride, if I am wearing a jacket or vest I use a shoulder holster. I have hard bags and trunk (Victory Vision) and I carry in hot weather in a Maxpedition shoulder bag. I realize not everyone is for "off body" carry, but I use the bag to carry my wallet, glasses, phone, extra mag etc. A perfect solution? No, but everything is a compromise sometimes.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

i carry openly in a serpa normally
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

IWB usually.

I used to carry always with my bike. You have no place to hide! I used a shoulder holster or IWB most of the time. Have to be careful of the wind pushing up on shirt tails.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

I carry IWB between 4 and 5 o'clock, so I carry on the bike as well. Easy enough to get to if I need to. Like someone else said, you're more exposed on the bike, there is no ducking under cover.

I've been down on the bike before, and I recovered almost nothing that was in my saddle bags. I had a ring, my phone, some paperwork. I was carted off in an ambulance, and assured by the LEO there at the time that they would get my stuff. Nope, nothing. I got my jacket, and a tshirt I had in the saddle bag when I went to pick up the wrecked bike, but never did get my other stuff. I would hate to have a loaded firearm in the bag, and no one knows where it went.

I ride most days, and carry IWB.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links