Problem with 5 Star Firearms

This is a discussion on Problem with 5 Star Firearms within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A while back I saw a good review on 5 Star Firearms aluminum billet speedloaders. On Jan 18th I ordered a tactical black bedside block ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Problem with 5 Star Firearms

A while back I saw a good review on 5 Star Firearms aluminum billet speedloaders. On Jan 18th I ordered a tactical black bedside block with 2 speedloaders for my model 60. I paid with paypal and I saved my order form for reference. Last week I still hadn't received anything in the mail so I called them. It turns out they sent my order to my previous address that was still saved on paypal. I'm not sure how it happened as my primary address is listed correctly, and when I initially filled out the form I put my current address in. I spoke with Amanda and she said "I'll look in to it and give you a call tomorrow." That was last Thursday, I never received a call or any follow up whatsoever. Has anybody had experience dealing with this company?

I think what I would do is print the transaction and if it is showing your current address scan it and email it to them to the attention of Amanda. I would say that is a problem on 5 Star Firearms end, and I did not receive the items I paid for.. that being said, if I didn't get any satisfaction after this point, I would then open a case in pay pal for return of funds and find someone else to purchase from.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

My purchase experience went well

I must say my experience with 5-star was pleasant. I currently have and use everyday two of their aluminum speed loaders for my 627.
    Ksgunner likes this.

Hello 91wm6,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry about your shipment. We wanted to be sure as to what was happening with your package before getting back with you. After tracking it this morning, we found it is being forwarded. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter in a more private setting.

We strive for 100% satisfaction with every customer and hope to resolve this issue soon.

Thank you for your understanding,

5 Star Firearms
    847-731-7898
    info@5starfirearms.com
    5 Star Firearms | Speed Loaders | Range Blocks | Leather Pouches | 100% American Made
    Ksgunner, Aceoky and Chief1297 like this.

Seems like pretty good customer service to me.
    Not their fault that they're stuck in IL.

5 Star Firearms- Escape to Wisconsin! We'd love to have you and the jobs you provide.
    “The goal of modern propaganda is no longer to transform opinion but to arouse an active and mythical belief”- Jacques Ellul

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”- Joseph Goebbels

I bought speedloaders from 5 Star just before Christmas. Great product and very timely shipping (received in just a couple days). I will do business with them again. I believe they are still the only company that does a speedloader to fit a Ruger LCR.
    Ksgunner likes this.

Update. I received a shipping update from 5 Star Firearms and the package arrived Friday. I'm more than impressed with the speed loaders they sent. It's rare to see this high level of craftsmanship these days, they truly are head and shoulders above the competition. I am 100% satisfied with my purchase and would recommend 5 Star Firearms to anybody in the market for speed loaders.
    rvlvr_man and Aceoky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock36carry View Post
    Seems like pretty good customer service to me.
    Not their fault that they're stuck in IL.

5 Star Firearms- Escape to Wisconsin! We'd love to have you and the jobs you provide.
    Actually, this is what we are looking into. We hope to "jump the border" within the next year. It is a big cost and a time we will be down so getting to that point takes a lot of planning and preparation. WISCONSIN, HERE WE COME!!!
    TN_Mike, Ksgunner and halem1 like this.

Great speedloader and great customer service !!

Quote Originally Posted by rvlvr_man View Post
    Actually, this is what we are looking into. We hope to "jump the border" within the next year. It is a big cost and a time we will be down so getting to that point takes a lot of planning and preparation. WISCONSIN, HERE WE COME!!!

I have ordered and received a J model .38SP speedloader from 5 Star and they are an exceptional speedloader!
    The customer service was great.
    Peace
    Stinger66

My orders have all gone very well including the speed loaders for my S&W 460XVR.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

VIP Member
    I think there's something bad-wrong with Paypal. Every order I've ever done with Paypal got screwed up. It usually defaults to an expired credit card on file (that it won't let me delete). I had to use it recently and they sent a notification email to my son, who's email info is nowhere in my profile.

Paypal sucks, big time. Plus they are very anti-gun.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

back from the dead.

does anyone carry these speedloaders with their carry gun? i keep seeing and reading that the rounds rattle around like a maraca. and if they do that, you would think carrying a couple in a pouch on your belt wouldn't be very stealthy unless it held the loaders tight. anyone?
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

They are loose fit which works better for my rugers. Safariland speed loaders hold rounds tight but not precisely aligned which makes for slow and frustrating reloads. The 5 stars are all I carry now. They rattle less than keys or pocket change. I love them for my LCR and Security Six. Months of every day carry and I've never had a round fall out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rvlvr_man View Post
    I notice you are located in Lake County (north of Chicago and a bit closer to WI) however, if you are considering a move, Check out Missouri. It is gun friendly, business friendly and centrally located. Warmer too.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links