CC and the work place!

This is a discussion on CC and the work place! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I completely understand why I would get fired no questions on that subject. I agree that an M&P is way to big to CC into ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CC and the work place!

I completely understand why I would get fired no questions on that subject. I agree that an M&P is way to big to CC into work ( if I was to that is). If I did it would be my snub .357!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It appears signs don't carry the weight of law in WA, so no problem there. If your prepared to lose your job if discovered, then do what you feel you need to do.

BTW, welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Tough call but jobs are hard enough to come by for some these days

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Don't get caught--unemployment is hard to get when fired for cause.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GH
    Can I assume that you don't carry concealed at your work station but keep it in your personal vehicle? Just hide it & secure it well, don't tell anyone that you have it & go about your business. They would need a warrant to search your private vehicle.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

My thought is how could they know what you have or don't have in YOUR truck? Besides the fact you have a CC permit and can legally carry until you park on their lot, I suppose you must "become Houdini" and make it "vanish" is their answer? So long as you are smart and TELL NO ONE that it's there, no reason for anyone to ever wonder, I'd assume there are at least a few folks who work with you, how many of them have "whatever " in their personal vehicles? I doubt anyone knows other than them. Since it's not illegal, keep it on the extreme DL and "carry on" .....

I know of an incident at a large airplane manufacturer employer in WA state that fired an employee who had a gun stored in his vehicle on a company lot -- their rules were no guns on the property or workplace. He was fired for cause, even though it was protested. Check the rules and mandates at your work-site.
    You really don't want to get fired from a job for such an "infraction" as it can have long term consequences with other potential employers. It likely isn't worth the risk...

How could they know he had one (did he "tell on himself"?) What probable cause did they have to search his private vehicle? IF you know I'm curious on this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    I know of an incident at a large airplane manufacturer employer in WA state that fired an employee who had a gun stored in his vehicle on a company lot -- their rules were no guns on the property or workplace. He was fired for cause, even though it was protested. Check the rules and mandates at your work-site.
    You really don't want to get fired from a job for such an "infraction" as it can have long term consequences with other potential employers. It likely isn't worth the risk...

He had prolly shot his mouth off about it to someone that didnt think well of him would be my guess. I did not carry today and I am seriously rethinking carry on company property and might just invest in a nice Bowie knife instead ( to my knowledge knives are OK on the property).

Just a thought. Do they have right to search your person in their manual? If you keep it concealed they would actually have to see you weapon to terminate you. If they ask you if you are carrying just ask " Do you see a weapon?" Don't incriminate yourself but don't carry after that. They will be watching.
    american.made likes this.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    How could they know he had one (did he "tell on himself"?) What probable cause did they have to search his private vehicle? IF you know I'm curious on this.
    I don't know all the details but believe he must have told a co-worker who probably told someone who then told a supervisor. He was in violation of the specified policies and terminated and the union did little to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by american.made View Post
    He had prolly shot his mouth off about it to someone that didnt think well of him would be my guess. I did not carry today and I am seriously rethinking carry on company property and might just invest in a nice Bowie knife instead ( to my knowledge knives are OK on the property).
    Again, get a copy and read the policies. Many employers now have rules about multiple types of weapons on their property, including knives.

Thanks, I figured he must have opened mouth inserted reason for termination.....

I too am in Washington and it is my works company policy (and in the employee handbook) that firearms are not allowed on your person or in your vehicle on company property. If you are caught it is grounds for immediate termination. As long as you leave immediately when asked you have not violated any laws but if you sit there and try and talk to them about it you are trespassing. There are a few other people at my work who also have permits and we all follow the rules and understand them. We like where we work and don't want to jeopardize our employment, you have to ask yourself if it's worth potentially losing your job over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee2cu View Post
    I too am in Washington and it is my works company policy (and in the employee handbook) that firearms are not allowed on your person or in your vehicle on company property. If you are caught it is grounds for immediate termination. As long as you leave immediately when asked you have not violated any laws but if you sit there and try and talk to them about it you are trespassing. There are a few other people at my work who also have permits and we all follow the rules and understand them. We like where we work and don't want to jeopardize our employment, you have to ask yourself if it's worth potentially losing your job over.
    Sounds like you work for the same company I do! haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links