Just received my Georgia Weapons Carry License today! - Page 2

Just received my Georgia Weapons Carry License today!

This is a discussion on Just received my Georgia Weapons Carry License today! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congratulations on the new permit....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Just received my Georgia Weapons Carry License today!

Congratulations on the new permit.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Congratulations
    You will feel very self conscious when you first carry your weapon, its funny how soon that changes to self conscious without the weapon.

Congratulations. Have fun at Wally World.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Congratulations the bad part is you have to go into downtown Atlanta to pick it up as they do not mail them out any more. I picked mine up while my brother did around the block driving and when I came out I suited up in the drivers seat for the ride home. I had not looked at the expiration date on my previous license and my bad had let it expire, but I am now packing again. If you have not had any training, there are many places around Atlanta, mostly in the Burbs north of Atlanta that have classes and some really nice ranges.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Congratulations. It is amazing how fast you feel like something is wrong if you don't have it on.
    Ted

S&W9c w/RMR Red Dot, Wilson CQB, LB Premier II
    STI HP Edge 40, STI Trojan 9mm

NRA Life Member

Welcome to the family. An armed Society is a polite society. Go out of your way tto avoid confrontations.

VIP Member
    I actually did get the license in the mail. Cobb will mail them out if you provide them with a self addressed stamped envelope at the time of application.

I am thinking about joining Sharp Shooters range in Roswell. It is close to both my home and office. Members don't pay for range time, get priority range assignments and get a 10% discount on everything except gun purchases. Given the price of ammo, that alone could save a lot. Have any of you in Atalanta been there? And if so, any thoughts or recommendations?

Congrats on your permit.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Congrats on the new permit...
    GA is now a bit safer.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats!
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    I actually did get the license in the mail. Cobb will mail them out if you provide them with a self addressed stamped envelope at the time of application.

I am thinking about joining Sharp Shooters range in Roswell. It is close to both my home and office. Members don't pay for range time, get priority range assignments and get a 10% discount on everything except gun purchases. Given the price of ammo, that alone could save a lot. Have any of you in Atalanta been there? And if so, any thoughts or recommendations?
    Sorry I'm a little late to this thread, but SharpShooters is a GREAT range. A little pricey for membership, but all the ranges in this area are about the same. They also have free coffee and comfortable chairs for relaxing or taking breaks from shooting.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Congrats a little belated.

Mine is due for renewal next month. With the increase in permit volume, it will be interesting to see if it takes longer this time. First one came back in 14 days.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post

I'm a member at Sharpshooters. It's a great range. It can get crowded on weekends but all ranges are like that. I've never had to wait long though - maybe 10 minutes on a very busy day during the holidays. It is also air conditioned, which you will appreciate in August! The staff is pretty friendly and the owner is as well. They are definitely not "range snobs." Like it very much.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links