Moving to Kentucky

This is a discussion on Moving to Kentucky within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome to Kentucky. I live about 45 minutes from Bowling Green. You will find a very friendly public compared to where you have been living. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Moving to Kentucky

Moving to Kentucky

Welcome to Kentucky. I live about 45 minutes from Bowling Green. You will find a very friendly public compared to where you have been living. I had a very close friend from Michigan and he could not believe the difference. Hope you enjoy your new home.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome in advanced to my city . I heard they were moving jobs down here. It's a great city!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwill72 View Post
    Welcome in advanced to my city . I heard they were moving jobs down here. It's a great city!

Thank you all for the "WELCOMES"! We are looking forward to moving to Bowling Green. Won't be till the Fall of 2013 but can't come soon enough!
    Only around 17 people moving to the Vette plant but they are bringing families too. I'll be there this Summer house hunting, opening bank account, ....

Barry

Moving to Kentucky

Welcome to Ky! I'm about 45 min from BG as well. With the residency waiting period and it taking 3 months to get your card, you'll be in for a long wait. At least you could open carry or glove box carry with no permit. Welcome again!

For your information while you wait out the six months in KY .

KRS 527.020(8) states in part that:
    "A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism.

No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a loaded or unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction. This subsection shall not apply to any person prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040."

Kentucky State Police: Concealed Deadly Weapons

Moving to Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    For your information while you wait out the six months in KY .

KRS 527.020(8) states in part that:
    "A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism.

No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a loaded or unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction. This subsection shall not apply to any person prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040."

Kentucky State Police: Concealed Deadly Weapons
    Yeah I forgot they changed that law. Center consoles are fair game too!

Welcome!

I moved to rural NE KY from the People's Republic of New York about 10 years ago...

My Sig 245 is happily attached to me at this moment.

No way that would be possible in the old days.

Bill
    Aceoky likes this.
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

Welcome to the Bluegrass state. We'll have some bourbon balls waiting for you.

Re: Moving to Kentucky

Sent from up range, at about 3100 fps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links