To Protect and Provide

This is a discussion on To Protect and Provide within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/o.../2013/02/06/0/ I personally know the author and he is the most gentle man you can imagine. I think this quote says it all: "Why do ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: To Protect and Provide

VIP Member

To Protect and Provide

http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/o.../2013/02/06/0/

I personally know the author and he is the most gentle man you can imagine. I think this quote says it all:

"Why do I own guns? Is it not to be tough or macho. I am a mild-mannered rabbi and businessman and the tough, macho image fits me poorly. Had my wife and I remained in Lakewood, New Jersey, where we lived when we married in 1997, we wouldn’t have thought of owning one. There, we perceived guns as the media portray them, violent instruments reflective of anger and belligerence. In Dallas it is different. Here they are seen as the means to defend your family in a time of danger, and a responsible thing to own. It took me a while to absorb this view, but I now appreciate it."
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    From article:

The larger problem facing our nation is not the inspired citizen’s ability to protect his family. It is the dependent citizen’s growing sense of entitlement that is hollowing the gut of our nation.

The above quote from his piece tells me he "gets it".

He knows that when scumbags listen in on a police scanner and wait for a city bus to be involved in an accident, and if its near-by they will race to the scene and try to beat the law there, then claim they were on the bus, feign injury and sue.
    These are the misfits of society who believe someone owe's them a living, and this is how they would rather collect.
    Or the knuckledragger who is intent on robbing someone because society has been unfair somehow.
    Glad he is on our side, for he seems very wise, being born and raised on the "other left coast"
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Good article. Nice to read something from someone, who while raised in the bastions of the gun hating nanny state, was able to escape and expand his horizon. Like us here, while we carry our guns, and are prepared to use them in the defense of ourselves and loved ones, we have no desire to kill.
    niks likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links