FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info

This is a discussion on FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The PA AG has made a press release. Press: The Attorney General's Press Office - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General FL website has already been ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    The PA AG has made a press release. Press: The Attorney General's Press Office - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General
    FL website has already been updated to show that PA will not honor A FL Non_resident Permit:
    Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Division of Licensing, FDACS

But the press release states FL non-resident permits will be honor until June 8, 2013 to give people time to make other arrangements.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

I understand that it most likely will have no impact, but feel free to contact the PA attorney general's office as I did.
    Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Virginia Nonresident should do it..............
    I'm not going to go blow $100 on a VA permit, only to have PA close the VA "loophole" while my application is being processed(like they did with FL)

Who said that.............?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    The PA AG has made a press release. Press: The Attorney General's Press Office - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General
    FL website has already been updated to show that PA will not honor A FL Non_resident Permit:
    Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Division of Licensing, FDACS

But the press release states FL non-resident permits will be honor until June 8, 2013 to give people time to make other arrangements.

If I just read it correctly June 8th is for PA residence only
    Glock Armorer

Similar laws/rulings were recently reversed in LA and another state when people started calling in and letting them know how much the state would lose in tourism dollars. I believe the calls were mostly made to the State Police HQ and the tourism committees.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm confused. Why are Pennsylvania residents carrying in Pennsylvania on Florida permits in the first place?
    I've wondered this myself as it is inexpensive and usually easy to get a PA license. My guess is that the only
    place in the state where problems arise is in Philadelphia; so Phila residents find it quicker and easier
    to get a FL non-resident and use that. Philadelphia police have in the past arrested Philadelphia
    residents carrying on a FL license; though that was at the time legal. My hunch is they changed this
    to make it plain that you have to have a PA license if you live in PA. *and to keep the Phila police
    from making the same mistake again*
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

In LA it was just Law Enforcement that decided not to honor FL Non Resident. They didn't have the authority to do that. The PA AG has that authority.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

One reason is people don't want their carry permit tied to their DL.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plode View Post
    PA was one of the states I wanted to carry in- it greatly influenced my decision to recently apply for a FL CCW. I would gladly get a PA license, but NJ will not issue CCW permits to anyone, so I do not qualify for one in PA since I don't have one in my home state.

I think it's time to think about moving out of this armpit of US.
    I think you misunderstood. You can get a FL permit and it will be good in PA because you don't live
    in PA. Of course you're out of luck entirely once you set foot in NJ which hardly issues and doesn't recognize.

In short, unless you get BOTH a NJ license and a FL non-resident, you are out of luck as far
    as going back and forth between NJ and FL --- because if you did go back and forth, no matter what you
    would be illegal in one place or the other if you didn't have both.

We need national reciprocity and states like NJ which are very miserly about issuance, need to
    be somehow brought closer to the norms of the rest of the US.

That is why we also need a national 2A protection act.

Added later-- ignore part of the above and see Gary's post below.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Hopyard, PA will not accept the FL non Resident after the new agreement goes into effect. It doesn't matter what state you live in outside PA.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I think you misunderstood. You can get a FL permit and it will be good in PA because you don't live
    in PA. Of course you're out of luck entirely once you set foot in NJ which hardly issues and doesn't recognize.

In short, unless you get BOTH a NJ license and a FL non-resident, you are out of luck as far
    as going back and forth between NJ and FL --- because if you did go back and forth, no matter what you
    would be illegal in one place or the other if you didn't have both.

We need national reciprocity and states like NJ which are very miserly about issuance, need to
    be somehow brought closer to the norms of the rest of the US.

That is why we also need a national 2A protection act.

Re-read the the updated agreement. You must be a FL resident to use a FL permit in PA.
    Glock Armorer

Hopyard, PA will not accept the FL non Resident after the new agreement goes into effect. It doesn't matter what state you live in outside PA.

Yeah... rather than "you can't be a PA res and carry on a FL permit", they're saying "you can't carry on an FL permit unless you have a FL ID".

Lame.
    Hopyard likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    Ah, then I misunderstood. I thought they meant that their own residents could not use the FL permit.
    Well that should keep the Joisey Boys out.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    FYI: Florida does not have resident and non-resident Concealed Weapons and Firearms Licenses - CWFLs. It will issue a CWFL to non-residents. As of last year (?) the license no longer lists an address on it, resident or otherwise, because if asked by LE to see your license, you had to also produce state-recognized ID (DL, State ID, etc.).
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links