FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info

This is a discussion on FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The PA AG has posted a newly signed Reciprocity Agreement with Florida. The wording has changed. It now states: The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: FL & PA Reciprocity Changed! -- OH & AZ Non-Resident -- Other Info

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

The PA AG has posted a newly signed Reciprocity Agreement with Florida. The wording has changed. It now states:

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida;

PA already had a signed agreement with FL and now they have signed a new one. PA has been in a running argument with residents of PA carrying in PA with a FL Non-Resident Permit/License. Mainly in Philadelphia is where this has been coming up. But from the new agreement PA will no longer Honor the FL Non-Resident Permit/License. FL no longer puts the Address of their Permit/License holder on the Permit/License so your state issued ID will tell them your state of Residence. You can read the new agreement here:
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...florida_pa.pdf

There is also a big argument about Ohio honoring the AZ non-resident permit/license. Ohio will still not honor an AZ permit/license issued to non residents. That is the only non-resident permit/license of the states Ohio honors that it will not honor. AZ put that in the agreement when it was signed in 2004. The AG’s Officer called me today and told me that is still the law and that they are trying to change the agreement to honor AZ non-resident permit/licenses but it will take time.

The News/Legislative Updates page has not seen much added in the last month. There is so much legislation being put forth because of recent events we have just put the link to the NRA Legislative Updates there. I will be adding items but most likely only after they pass and become law. So many people put forth info on Legislation I see no use it duplicating their efforts at this time.

Handgunlaw.us depends on people just like you to keep up to date. No one can do this by themselves. Hundreds of people send me information on law changes and without them I couldn’t do this. Thank you to everyone who has assisted me. It is very much appreciated. Handgunlaw.us also has had huge growth. With growth comes unintended consequences for us. The biggest consequences is our costs have tripled with the upgrades to our server for bandwidth. So we now have a way to donate to help pay these additional costs. I am not a computer guy and Steve has always taken care of that end with me supplying information. I was really surprised to find out what it actually costs to keep a site online.

Handgunlaw.us will be updated later this evening showing the above changes.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Wow................so all the non-res. Fla. license holders are not valid in Pa. any longer.....that's all of NJ Lic. holders.

VIP Member

Thanks for the update!
    Sorry it's not good news!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    That is why I posted it. To get this info out because a lot of states around PA depend on the FL Non-Resident to Carry in PA. Don't want to see anyone get in trouble because they changed their agreement and the only place I have seen it is on the AG's page and if you don't read the agreement you would never know it.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Thanks for keeping us out of trouble................Gary........big save on this one.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The times they are a'changin' ...
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

This irritates me soooo much. Just like the stupid "Utah won't issue permits to people that don't have a resident permit in their own state" or whatever it was.

If you don't want your residents carrying in your state on a nonresident permit... just make require your residents to get resident permits like WA does...

RCW 9.41.073
    Concealed pistol license — Reciprocity.

(1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

(i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and

(ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.

(b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

(2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Nothing on it yet, but I was told by one of the CCL instructors here in NC that NC is considering making it mandatory that NC residents have a NC CCL. That if you are a resident of this state they will not accept another states CCL. Still waiting for something to break one way or the other.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    I'm confused. Why are Pennsylvania residents carrying in Pennsylvania on Florida permits in the first place?
    OldVet and jem102 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Wow................so all the non-res. Fla. license holders are not valid in Pa. any longer.....that's all of NJ Lic. holders.
    PA was one of the states I wanted to carry in- it greatly influenced my decision to recently apply for a FL CCW. I would gladly get a PA license, but NJ will not issue CCW permits to anyone, so I do not qualify for one in PA since I don't have one in my home state.

I think it's time to think about moving out of this armpit of US.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Candidly, they are working towards closing some things that could be perceived as loopholes. By using a FL non-resident permit, a permit holder gains access to about 32 other states -- assuming all 32 states that accept FL's permit allow non-resident permits to carry a gun.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by plode View Post
    PA was one of the states I wanted to carry in- it greatly influenced my decision to recently apply for a FL CCW. I would gladly get a PA license, but NJ will not issue CCW permits to anyone, so I do not qualify for one in PA since I don't have one in my home state.

I think it's time to think about moving out of this armpit of US.
    I wonder if they did the same thing with VA permits.
    Glock Armorer

Virginia Nonresident should do it..............

Or Arizona....
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My sympathies for those heavily restricted states, but I've mentioned this before that some (perhaps more now) states will not honor an out-of-state permit if the holder is not a resident of the state that issued it. I expect more states to follow this path.
    bigmacque and Hopyard like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links