How Often Do You Spot (or suspect) Another Person Carrying Conceiled?

This is a discussion on How Often Do You Spot (or suspect) Another Person Carrying Conceiled? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just assume everyone else is carrying and you'll be able to think of other issues....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: How Often Do You Spot (or suspect) Another Person Carrying Conceiled?

Just assume everyone else is carrying and you'll be able to think of other issues.

2. Remove Ads

Most times I notice is on gang bangers...5XL t shirt still doesn't hide a high riding pistol
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

I love seeing guys in the mall wearing the same Tactical 5.11 oversized shirts I have! Nobody else sells those shirts so I have a good idea what they are up to.
    Will_Power likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

I try to conceal well so no one will know I am armed ( mostly to remain inconspicuous ). The only one I have ever noticed carrying is my neighbor. He seems to print no matter what. If someone makes me uneasy I'll look them over thoroughly. Otherwise I hope they are all packing.

VIP Member
    I've been playing that game for 6 months now i.e. find the CCW. Haven't been able to do it...either my eyes are bad or people in SW Ohio conceal very well.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I iknow where my 'girl' is, and beyond me....anyone is a possible threat.....

It's really rare here in Ventura County. Out of population of 800,000+ there are only 573 permit holders. I know at least 40 of them (people I train with), but it's rare for me to see someone I think may be carrying. In the last three years I think it's happened once.

NH is an open carry state, and shall issue... Many of my acquaintances carry, and they do it well.

I open carry, so I'm sure I'm "spotted" by anyone with a pair of eyes. It's hard to miss a 5.5" .44 Stainless revolver.

I have seen several others open carry, and a few poor attempts at concealment (which may have just been intended open carry that was partially covered), but never really paid attention to spot a truly concealed rig. Like many others, I just assume everyone else is armed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I've noticed a few here and there but I don't actively look for them...my time is better spent observing other things...like pretty ladies.

You and me both brother

Every 0700 trip I make to Walmart to do the ammo check I suspect the 20 other guys who pulled in at the same time are carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I don't look for it. For obvious reasons, I try not to glance down at guys' and gals' midsections. Getting caught by either gender would make me blush for respectively different reasons.
    I don't care,have been taught well before LEO experience to check midsection. For a wrestler,that's a movement indication, for a LEO,that's typically location for guns
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I guess I don't think of it as a big goal to find who's carrying either. I am much more dedicated to my distasteful and politically incorrect profiling activities. Since it isn't yet illegal for me to make decisions on which side of the street I walk on, what stores I choose to enter or pass by, or to form my own silent and private opinion of individuals whom I observe, I will spend most of my time doing these things. And yes, I'll assume everyone is armed.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I have never been able to spot anyone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    I love seeing guys in the mall wearing the same Tactical 5.11 oversized shirts I have! Nobody else sells those shirts so I have a good idea what they are up to.
    "Is that an otherwise normal looking guy (ie not a nerd or otherwise "off") wearing a fanny pack? Yep, there's a gun in there."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    I don't care,have been taught well before LEO experience to check midsection. For a wrestler,that's a movement indication, for a LEO,that's typically location for guns
    I was being a bit of a smart-arse. Seriously, I don't look for it. Just never occurs to me to do so....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links