taser

taser

This is a discussion on taser within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; in texas can some one with a felony possess a taser..?...

Thread: taser

taser

in texas can some one with a felony possess a taser..?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I am not a lawyer, but ...
    After doing some Googling around, it seems that felons can possess Tasers in Texas.

Here is a link to a document on the taser.com site that includes state laws relevant to tasers. For Texas, there is no mention of possession of tasers by felons.

http://www.taser.com/images/resource...tute-chart.pdf

VIP Member
    Hire a qualified attorney to give you legal advice.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    yes, felons in Texas can have a taser or pepper spray or knives
    there are no restrictions for weapons possessed by felons in our penal code except for firearms (sometimes I wish there was since I deal with a lot of felons that carry knives and other stuff to further their trade)

that being said......Taser, the real taser company, will run a background check when you purchase a Taser and attempt to get an activation code from them (which is required to make it work); if you are a convicted felon they will not give you a code so your Taser won't work
    this is explained (or should be) by the place selling the Taser
    when I got my wife's Taser at Academy we had to submit info on their site and they do a background check for convicted felon status
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by knowltk View Post
    I am not a lawyer, but ...
    After doing some Googling around, it seems that felons can possess Tasers in Texas.

Here is a link to a document on the taser.com site that includes state laws relevant to tasers. For Texas, there is no mention of possession of tasers by felons.

http://www.taser.com/images/resource...tute-chart.pdf
    its not for me.someone told me this and i was curious.....thanks later S.....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    yes, felons in Texas can have a taser or pepper spray or knives
    there are no restrictions for weapons possessed by felons in our penal code except for firearms (sometimes I wish there was since I deal with a lot of felons that carry knives and other stuff to further their trade)

that being said......Taser, the real taser company, will run a background check when you purchase a Taser and attempt to get an activation code from them (which is required to make it work); if you are a convicted felon they will not give you a code so your Taser won't work
    this is explained (or should be) by the place selling the Taser
    when I got my wife's Taser at Academy we had to submit info on their site and they do a background check for convicted felon status
    i thought felons were not allowed to possess projectile weapons

― Thomas Paine

Sponsored Links