Photos On WV Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit

This is a discussion on Photos On WV Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kentucky - Photo Required....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Photos On WV Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Kentucky - Photo Required.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

South Dakota - no photo.

For $10, what do you expect?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member
    Texas CDL has photo. Not an option. Ours looks similar to the Texas DL. The state also requires a digital fingerprint when applying for the license.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Alabama varies by county. My wife's old CCP from another county was a blank business card with "This person is licensed to carry a concealed weapon" and the sheriffs signature. When she showed it to me I thought of The Untouchables LOL....Oh and this was issued to her in 97!!! My current for Tuscaloosa Co. which I just renewed has my pic. They take it at the sheriffs office, but the pic does not change from year to year, my current permit looks just like last years except for the expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    My Berkeley Co. permit has my photo (it's terrible BTW) ...NOT optional.
    Interesting. My Berkeley County permit has no photo and I was not given the option of getting one. Perhaps that has changed in the last year and a half.

Does it really matter since requiring a permit(with or without a photo) violates the 2nd amendment but state governments need the money(tax) it generates.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Kansas, photo required

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Florida it's not optional. Drivers License's in Florida can be renewed via mail, so you can go years -- over 13 years in my case -- between new physical cards. My picture on my license until last week was someone I no longer recognized. I was using my CCW to prove by picture that I was who I said I was on the Drivers License, an act that was often good for a little entertainment value.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Fla permit has it. My picture looks like something that should be on America's Most Wanted.
    Same with mine!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Interesting. My Berkeley County permit has no photo and I was not given the option of getting one. Perhaps that has changed in the last year and a half.
    It must have. I got mine last September. It's just like a driver's license. Same size, shape and plastic.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Interesting....in most states the CCL is a state issued license and the format of the license is mandated by the state..In NC my license has no photo, but my Florida does. It seems where you are it is left up to the individual county to determine the format of the license...interesting
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

My new one from Wayne County has a photo and looks just like a state issued I.D. The old one from years ago did not and looked more like a drivers physical card.

wa state is no photo and non laminated
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

I just love the photo on my Utah permit! They made me look blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I know Oklahoma requires it on the permit (my first one was OK), here in Virginia they do not put your picture on the resident permit, but they are required for a non-resident permit.
    As archer51 said, no photo on resident permits in VA. What I find interesting is the variance in local jurisdiction laws in regards to the processing of Concealed Handgun Permits (as they are labeled in VA). In some counties you have to be fingerprinted, in some counties they take your picture, and some require neither.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links