Photos On WV Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit

This is a discussion on Photos On WV Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This was in our local paper and apparently some Counties do not have the capability or just don't put photos on the permit or give ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Photos On WV Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit

This was in our local paper and apparently some Counties do not have the capability or just don't put photos on the permit or give the option.

Well, my Cabell County, WV permit has a photo of me, and our Sheriff will do it for a small fee if the permit holder wants it. I don't know what is up with this article saying we don't have the option.

I think it is a good idea, I have even used it as another form of identification when I renewed my Drivers License, which by the way has my photo on it and no choice.

Seems like some of the other Counties want it mandatory for a photo of the holder on the permit.

Idea of optional photo ID on gun permits floated - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I know Oklahoma requires it on the permit (my first one was OK), here in Virginia they do not put your picture on the resident permit, but they are required for a non-resident permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

We require it in S.C. as well.

My Michigan card has my photo. Not optional.

VIP Member
    My Berkeley Co. permit has my photo (it's terrible BTW) ...NOT optional.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Fla permit has it. My picture looks like something that should be on America's Most Wanted.
    darbo likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

No photo on my WI CCL. I am not aware of photos on any CCLs.
    "The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20."
    - Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)

The handgunlaws.us website has a PDF for each State which includes an example of the Permit/License.

In Kansas, your License is processed/approved by the State Attorney General. You receive an approval letter which you take to the State DMV for a photo. You get a thermo piece of paper as a temporary License and in about 10-days you get the CCL with photo and number which is the same size and number as your DL.

For renewal, you receive a letter and application from the AG 120-days before expiration. You return the app and in about 10-days a new approval letter. You then do the DMV again. The new CCL expiration date will be 4-years from the original License date = new License is valid for 4+ years.

GH
    WI licenses don't have photos but you're required to carry your drivers license or other state approved picture ID along with it at all times.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    My Berkeley Co. permit has my photo (it's terrible BTW) ...NOT optional.
    Naturally. What else would a woman say?

My state-required "passport" photos are from Walgreens. Quality at its finest.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

My Georgia permit has a photo and I am required to carry a state I.D. or drivers license with it. The photo on my permit is horrible quality and looks like a mug shot.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Fla permit has it. My picture looks like something that should be on America's Most Wanted.
    Who cares, that is how most anti gunners see us anyway.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Interesting. It never occurred to me that a carry permit wouldn't have your picture on it. In Missouri the CCW looks just like the Driver License and even has the same number on it. I remember a long time ago I had a Driver License from Georgia, not laminated, no picture, filled out with an ink pen and had to be folded in half to fit in a wallet. I had to show it to a California Highway Patrolman when he stopped me. He laughed so hard he didn't even give me a ticket!

NH resident permits are just paper...no picture. My Maine non-resident permit has a photo...was required to send a passport photo with the application. Of course, it's a passport photo...NO SMILING!

I'm thinking my buddy up around Terra Alta (Preston county) doesn't have a photo on his but I do (Raleigh county). I'm not even sure his was laminated when he got his.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links