Interesting trip to Cabelas today - Page 3

Interesting trip to Cabelas today

This is a discussion on Interesting trip to Cabelas today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a new Cabela's store opening up near me this Thursday. They sent me a Pre-opening invitation for Wednesday since I have ordered mail ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Interesting trip to Cabelas today

There is a new Cabela's store opening up near me this Thursday. They sent me a Pre-opening invitation for Wednesday since I have ordered mail order from them in the past. I plan on going there Wednesday right from work.

I am hoping they will have some ammo left by the time I get there.
    MJClark likes this.

OK; I'm an @hole; here's the ammo situation in Free America
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye00 View Post
    I was at this Cabelas last week, actually. They have a decent collection of firearms available for sale, but like you, I didn't have the patience to wait around in lines all day. I escaped with only buying a cheap mag pouch. The old lady was pleased.

^^^^^YES^^^^^^^^^^

But the rest of us are sorely dissapointed in you!

I agree with Rock and ZGlock on this one.
    Probably a lot of both going on. Some people who have always been "into firearms", and the folks who are starting to believe the "gun nuts" cries that the government, just might want to get ahold of some of our guns.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Maybe after the scare is over, there will be a "glut" on the market, very much the same as portable power generators. Before a storm the unprepared run out, buy anything and everything in sight. Storm passes over, and we still have power, so now is time to pedal the generator for 1/2 what we paid for it. Maybe this will happen to guns/ammo/reloading supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by Jjxj View Post
    I usually don't look at much seeing I can't purchase handguns there anyway.
    Why not???
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Ammo and guns are starting to show up more in the LGS now in NC area where I live.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    Why not???
    Agreed - Always looking for my next purchase
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    Why not???
    He is out of state. He would have to have the gun sent to an FFL near him in Ohio. Added expense However, he can walk out with an AR, shotgun, or any other rifle. Go figure.
    oneshot likes this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Interesting trip to Cabelas today

^^^^exactly^^^^
    It's too bad too cause there prices are way better than the Bass Pro that is a half hr from my house.

^^^^exactly^^^^
    It's too bad too cause there prices are way better than the Bass Pro that is a half hr from my house.
    My Cabelas is in WV about 15 minutes away. I go there to look at a gun I want, and then buy in Ohio. The Cabelas in Wheeling is HIGH, real High.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

I'm seeing a lot of people that obviously to me at least have limited to no knowledge of guns.
    Hello, new member here. Sorry if its a mistake to comment on a post before introducing myself. I find it interesting that you decided to look at folks and judge that they don't know much about firearms. Maybe you decided that based on the conversations? That would seem more likely. I just get kinda irritated about what a "gun owner" should look like, as I really don't fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye00 View Post
    I was at this Cabelas last week, actually. They have a decent collection of firearms available for sale, but like you, I didn't have the patience to wait around in lines all day. I escaped with only buying a cheap mag pouch. The old lady was pleased.
    In my limited knowledge of the Fairer Sex I do know if she is Happy, you Ain't In Trouble. Never a bad thang.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggyd33 View Post
    Hello, new member here. Sorry if its a mistake to comment on a post before introducing myself. I find it interesting that you decided to look at folks and judge that they don't know much about firearms. Maybe you decided that based on the conversations? That would seem more likely. I just get kinda irritated about what a "gun owner" should look like, as I really don't fit the bill.
    Well here's what ya do pard. Go to a Men's Clothing Store that sells Work Clothing like Welders or Carpenters or Loggers wear. Get a couple pairs of Loggin' Jeans. Get some Suspenders with the button holes NOT The Snaps. Black or Red are the colors to get. Buy a couple Red or Green or Blue Plaid Cotton Flannel Shirts. Walk over to the shoe department and tell the salesman you need a pair of brown ROMEO'S. Then go back to the Gun Shop of your choice. You should fit right in.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Probably 90% panic buyers/first timers.
    10% want to own a gun for protection and had the extra $$ at this time because of income tax, etc.

VIP Member
    I'm glad to see the Open Carry and NRA table at Cabela's. I've been wondering why the retail stores haven't been pushing 2A position with their customers. I see the gun counters full of people at different places as well, and I want to scream "Don't forget to tell your elected officials how you feel".........and this goes for the corporate employees and home office as well, after all the gun and ammo sales are a significant part of their business.

Complacency is about as much of a friend to us as Dianne Feinstein is.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links