Bad printing at 3:30 position when sitting down..

This is a discussion on Bad printing at 3:30 position when sitting down.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [/QUOTE] This is the biggest reason I switched to xxlarge shirts and dont really wear t shirts anymore. It is my intention to play my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bad printing at 3:30 position when sitting down..

No more t shirts

[/QUOTE]

This is the biggest reason I switched to xxlarge shirts and dont really wear t shirts anymore. It is my intention to play my cards close to the vest so to speak and printing is not part of this strategy. I get by nicely with a blackhawk serpa and a glock 26 with 10 round mag the 12 round mag prints to much for my comfort.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Tried an IWB thats adjustable like a Crossbreed so you can sink it deep into the waist?
    Good advice, here. I have absolutely no problem in the printing department with my XD service model. A, untucked polo shirt covers all. A little bulge from the end grip when you sit would not be "printing". That bulge could be anything.

I got over the mentality of printing when I went out and TRIED to make my gun print. No one noticed anything. They have no clue. Heck, I've worked with people for years and even had conversations with them about "people they knew that carry". Funny, because they still have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    I don;t see how this is a problem unless it is uncomfortable for you. Realistically, how many are looking at your butt?
    Thanks, now I'm self conscious about people looking at my butt... But in all seriousness, you're all right. You can see the bulge of the butt of my gun, but unless you know I'm carrying, I don't think you'd have a clue what it was. Got a little worried because I was wearing a tighter shirt today and noticed it when I was getting into my truck. I typically don't wear that tight of a shirt.
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    If you are committed to carrying at 3:30 - 4:00 the only advice I can give is to listen to your mother, "Sit up straight!"

If you slouch in the slightest it will push the gun outwards. This is the reason I carry a 2:30 - 3:00.

Jim
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Good advice, here. I have absolutely no problem in the printing department with my XD service model. A, untucked polo shirt covers all. A little bulge from the end grip when you sit would not be "printing". That bulge could be anything.

I got over the mentality of printing when I went out and TRIED to make my gun print. No one noticed anything. They have no clue. Heck, I've worked with people for years and even had conversations with them about "people they knew that carry". Funny, because they still have no idea.

Exactly! I put on a shirt so tight you could read the serial number. If it's covered, nobody even looks.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Posture isn't a problem here, but the more I wear it with the previous suggestions the better I feel at the 3-4 position. I don't know if it's comforting or disconcerting for the fact that so many people are oblivious..
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadsmiles View Post
    I don't know if it's comforting or disconcerting for the fact that so many people are oblivious..
    Go sit on a bench in front of your favorite store / mall and just watch the people coming and going. Half seem to have their nose stuffed in their phone, the other half seem to be staring at the ground or have their head up their rear end. Then there's the less than 1% who have something called situational awareness. When (if) you see them, try and find where they are printing.

Bad printing at 3:30 position when sitting down..

If you want to conceal a full sized pistol I would recommend that you consider the appendix carry position.

I carry a Glock 19 all day in appendix position with virtually zero printing.

Try moveing that XDM a bit farther forward . I use a comp-tac minotaur too but right at the front edge of my hip bone. Slight forword cant and set high. 3.1/2" barrel but on a thinner pistol than yours. Botton down shirt or looser t tucked works fine. easy to sit and drive too

I have found that holsters that ride deeper IWB conceal better. I have a CBST sitting in a drawer in favor of a Remora that I can carry deeper IWB and prints MUCH less. I carry a Glock 23 at 3:30 in a Remora holster with some forward cant.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links