Defensive Carry banner

Diet Time!

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  MJClark 
#1 ·
That Thanksgiving through Christmas Holiday stretch also stretched my waistline a bit. I carry a M&P Shield in a IWB hybrid. The other day I had to suck my gut in so hard to get the holster in my pants I thought I would pop a button when I let it back out. I've got a holster on the way for my G17, but I think I'm going to have to drop a few pounds before I can get that bigger gun inside my beltline.

Anybody else balloon up over the holidays and finding inside carry harder to do?

#3 ·
Funny you mention this. The winter time is hard on me too. My diet doesnt change nor does my beer drinkin. I've added 10+ lbs since the holidays and I have always wore about an inch bigger waist size jeans during the winter. This year I may have to go 2". As soon as spring gets here, I'm out in the yard/garden and playing golf 3 time a week. Back to summer sizes.

#6 ·
Don't hate me but I am down 8 pound since the beginning of November and 21 overall in the past year. I do cardio at least 4 times a week, and follow weight watchers for men online. Eating right totally sucks most of the time but the alternative is not something I want to go back to. Stick with a plan and you will see results.

#10 ·
As of this morning I am 59.5 pounds down from where I was this time last year. Changed my entire food lifestyle and exercise some.

Goose

#12 ·
I recommend that you guys try out CrossFit. It will get you in shape quickly and it is a great training regiment to be physically and mentally prepared for any self-defense/SHTF situation. I have been training CrossFit for the past 12 months and I am in the best shape of my life.

Reactions: Metalman
#14 ·
Same weight, but I sense more fat and less muscle on me. I'm a just little over two years from staring 50 in the face, and realize that it's going to take a concerted effort to stay in shape from here on out.

Last week I started back to a modified routine of what I used to do back when I was a muscle-head. 'Still doing free weights, but far lighter, more reps and two days off between three-day routines of 2-3 muscle groups per routine. I'm so sore, it hurts to type right now.

#16 ·
At 58 years I'm in the best shape since my teens. 5 years ago I weighed in at 250, this morning 186 and that's a good weight for me. I eat clean and count calories every day and record what I eat, as well as go to the gym for a serious workout 3 times a week. I don't have an issue with IWB carry other then at times it can irritate my boney hip --- ha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.