Diet Time!

This is a discussion on Diet Time! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That Thanksgiving through Christmas Holiday stretch also stretched my waistline a bit. I carry a M&P Shield in a IWB hybrid. The other day I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Diet Time!

Diet Time!

That Thanksgiving through Christmas Holiday stretch also stretched my waistline a bit. I carry a M&P Shield in a IWB hybrid. The other day I had to suck my gut in so hard to get the holster in my pants I thought I would pop a button when I let it back out. I've got a holster on the way for my G17, but I think I'm going to have to drop a few pounds before I can get that bigger gun inside my beltline.

Anybody else balloon up over the holidays and finding inside carry harder to do?

2. Remove Ads

I figure I'm at least 3-4 months from getting my permit. Am hoping with a little help from Jillian Michaels that there will be enough space between me and my pants for a holster and my sig p238 by then!

Good luck!

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Funny you mention this. The winter time is hard on me too. My diet doesnt change nor does my beer drinkin. I've added 10+ lbs since the holidays and I have always wore about an inch bigger waist size jeans during the winter. This year I may have to go 2". As soon as spring gets here, I'm out in the yard/garden and playing golf 3 time a week. Back to summer sizes.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I did not gain any weight, but I do measure my intake of food or my exercise routine based on how tight my pants are when I carry.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

It's funny that I've known several people who were inspired to lose weight to accommodate their carry rig.

Don't hate me but I am down 8 pound since the beginning of November and 21 overall in the past year. I do cardio at least 4 times a week, and follow weight watchers for men online. Eating right totally sucks most of the time but the alternative is not something I want to go back to. Stick with a plan and you will see results.
    Metalman likes this.

Exercise is important, but Jillian Michaels makes me want to curl into the fetal position.
    sauerpuss, MJClark and Sunny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    Exercise is important, but Jillian Michaels makes me want to curl into the fetal position.
    Definitely +1

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    But I know if I can face her, any other BG is goin down!

As of this morning I am 59.5 pounds down from where I was this time last year. Changed my entire food lifestyle and exercise some.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

I am 222, up from 210-215. Life can suck. Fortunately, I am blessed with a body that sheds it quick.

My wife hates me for that.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I recommend that you guys try out CrossFit. It will get you in shape quickly and it is a great training regiment to be physically and mentally prepared for any self-defense/SHTF situation. I have been training CrossFit for the past 12 months and I am in the best shape of my life.
    Metalman likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I dropped 35 pounds before I started carrying. All my pants are too big in the waist so there is plenty of room for the pistol.
    Scramble4a5 likes this.

VIP Member
    Same weight, but I sense more fat and less muscle on me. I'm a just little over two years from staring 50 in the face, and realize that it's going to take a concerted effort to stay in shape from here on out.

Last week I started back to a modified routine of what I used to do back when I was a muscle-head. 'Still doing free weights, but far lighter, more reps and two days off between three-day routines of 2-3 muscle groups per routine. I'm so sore, it hurts to type right now.

It's always diet time for me.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links