Pocket carry

Pocket carry

This is a discussion on Pocket carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First post! But have read many posts over the past couple months here and other forums. Hello! So i have two .357 revolvers. One taurus ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BamaT

Thread: Pocket carry

Pocket carry

First post! But have read many posts over the past couple months here and other forums. Hello!

So i have two .357 revolvers. One taurus 650 2 inch hammerless and one 3 inch ruger sp101 stainless. I also had a pk380 that is going to my dad.

Question is. I get the in the waistband and on the belt but how do you carry in the pocket? I love the way it feels but how do you hide the handle sticking out? I wear lots of hoodies and stuff and in the pocket hides well minus the handle sticking out. Am i missing something? I just dont see how it is possible if you want to keep it hidden

Most pocket carry involves small "pocket guns" that are about the size of a wallet. I carry a Ruger LC9 in my pocket at times and its always in a flat holster made for pocket carry. If your handle is out it may be too big or you need deeper pockets. I like cargo shorts with those nice side pockets too.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

when I pocket carry its usually in a coat pocket with a pistol I've got a nice tactical jacket works great. How ever when im in acus to and from work I can pocket carry almost a full sized pistol with a short barrel of course in my front pocket that's how I carry my revolver usually what I carry when I work bec I have to unload it and place it in a lock box before I get on post on post. find that way easiest faster to clear and unload.

A good pocket holster is essential for pocket carry, in my opinion. It conceals the outline of the gun in your pocket, properly aligns the gun, protects the gun, and most importantly it covers the trigger.
    Snub44 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

You will have to get pants with deeper pockets and a wider opening at the top. And get a holster it will help break up the outline.

...I pocket carry a S&W J with Packy Compacs in a front jeans pocket covered by a leather pocket holster...no problem...when I wear Dockers pleated slacks made of blue denim, the pocket is deep enough to carry a P97...I like those pockets...

Sponsored Links