Good choice for badge/permit holder

This is a discussion on Good choice for badge/permit holder within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read in magazines and on the Internet that is not a good Idea to carry a CCW badge and also some jurisdiction's consider ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good choice for badge/permit holder

I have read in magazines and on the Internet that is not a good Idea to carry a CCW badge and also some jurisdiction's consider it impersonating a Police officer. You just need to carry your permit on you when carrying a concealed firearm.

2. Remove Ads

If a LEO believes that you are carrying a gun, whipping open your shirt/jacket, or pulling up anything that maybe covering a gun ISN'T going to make them more at ease! If you have time, get your info out before the LEO gets there. If you don't have time, tell him your a permit holder, where your permit and ID are located and ask him how HE would like you to retreive it. AND KEEP YOUR HANDS IN PLAIN SIGHT WHILE DOING SO! I believe you said that some of your family are LEO's. Ask them how important it is for them to ALWAYS see both of your hands.. Wearing a belt permit holder might not be a good idea, but it's up to you.
    Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    if you put more garbage on your belt, you might as well paint a bullseye on your chest..."please Mr. BG, shoot me first"

Oh yeah, just to make sure the dead horse is well beaten, lose the badge idea too. Only security guards, mall marines and rookies do this. A CCW should never. Most smarter LEO's wont carry a badge off duty due to the point I made above.
    My dept requires us to carry our badge, weapon, and ID at all times when we are in state. But, I keep mine in a badge holder with my ID in the opposite pocket from my wallet. Carrying on your belt = bad idea.

Carrying a CCW "badge" is also a very bad idea. First, it alienates any LEO's you come across. Second, as already said, it makes you a target, and third, it may get you drawn into a situation that is over your head. What I mean by this is that if something happens, robbery, etc, citizens may assume you are the police and draw you into the thick of things. BAD, BAD idea.

Just my perspective on it.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Lead Moderator
    Well put Only Glock.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator

Talking Anybody Interested?

VIP Member
    Hundreds of thousands of people have to get their wallet out to show a LEO their ID. As a former LEO, I really don't understand why you are concerned.

If an LEO asks for your ID... he/she has a pretty good idea that you're going to reach for your wallet!

Oh yeah, he/she already knows that some people carry guns too!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Only Glock View Post
    My dept requires us to carry our badge, weapon, and ID at all times when we are in state. But, I keep mine in a badge holder with my ID in the opposite pocket from my wallet. Carrying on your belt = bad idea.

Carrying a CCW "badge" is also a very bad idea. First, it alienates any LEO's you come across. Second, as already said, it makes you a target, and third, it may get you drawn into a situation that is over your head. What I mean by this is that if something happens, robbery, etc, citizens may assume you are the police and draw you into the thick of things. BAD, BAD idea.

Just my perspective on it.

Charlie
    Perhaps I didn't choose my words correctly, I was speaking of wearing the badge on your belt.

I carry my ID, DL, & CCW in a leather ID/Badge holder on a neck chain. If you have on the right shirt its not visible. This arrangement works excellent for me, especially for the occasions I need to wear my badge in civies ( not a CCW Badge BTW) . It converts to a waistline badge holder also. Oh and just in case no one got it from the last 4 pages ........... CCW Badge =Bad Idea
    A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

Thumbs up

Perhaps I didn't choose my words correctly, I was speaking of wearing the badge on your belt.
    I knew what you meant.
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Never could figure out why anyone would want to display a "CCW" badge. Doesn't that defeat the idea of concealed??

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Never could figure out why anyone would want to display a "CCW" badge. Doesn't that defeat the idea of concealed??
    Some people think that after you shoot someone in the parking lot at wal mart you could use it to show that you are the good guy and not someone that needs to be shot by an other ccw person.

I don't see the need to have a badge but some people do.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Administrator
    Badge or no badge, on your belt or on your forehead, when I go on scene to a shooting, I prone everyone out, disarm everyone with a gun out until things are calmed down and sorted out.
    I never have gone to a CCW involved gun run, but had plenty of non CCW gun runs. Sorry guys, you may not like the above statement, but its just to hectic and stressful to have unknown armed people running around during these type of incidents.

VIP Member
    Badge or no badge, on your belt or on your forehead, when I go on scene to a shooting, I prone everyone out, disarm everyone with a gun out until things are calmed down and sorted out.
    I never have gone to a CCW involved gun run, but had plenty of non CCW gun runs. Sorry guys, you may not like the above statement, but its just to hectic and stressful to have unknown armed people running around during these type of incidents.
    +1 SIXTO!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

+1 Only Glock
    +1 SIXTO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links