Really?! Really!?

This is a discussion on Really?! Really!? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sooooo excited! Came home and anxiously looked through the mail. Disappointed, I threw away the junk and set aside my free energy saving CFL bulbs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Really?! Really!?

Really?! Really!?

Sooooo excited! Came home and anxiously looked through the mail. Disappointed, I threw away the junk and set aside my free energy saving CFL bulbs from the electric co. Hubby noticed my sad face and pulled an envelope out from under the laptop and I saw the Kentucky Dept. of Criminal Justice Training return address! My eyes went to my address and OF COURSE, NAME SPELLED WRONG on my certificate of training. REALLY ?! Do you know how many times they had us check and re-check our information in my class before they sent it off? At least 3. It's like they have human beings transferring the names into a computer or something. How archaic!

Not the least bit surprised. I'm sure President Obama was standing there telling them to spell it wrong. Hopefully it won't take long to correct. I took my class on Jan.26, so it really didn't take that long to get it. Just wanted to vent/share.

BTW, Monday's over!
    jrclen likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post
    Sooooo excited! Came home and anxiously looked through the mail. Disappointed, I threw away the junk and set aside my free energy saving CFL bulbs from the electric co. Hubby noticed my sad face and pulled an envelope out from under the laptop and I saw the Kentucky Dept. of Criminal Justice Training return address! My eyes went to my address and OF COURSE, NAME SPELLED WRONG on my certificate of training. REALLY ?! Do you know how many times they had us check and re-check our information in my class before they sent it off? At least 3. It's like they have human beings transferring the names into a computer or something. How archaic!

Not the least bit surprised. I'm sure President Obama was standing there telling them to spell it wrong. Hopefully it won't take long to correct. I took my class on Jan.26, so it really didn't take that long to get it. Just wanted to vent/share.

BTW, Monday's over!
    Oh, that'd be frustrating! Hopefully they'll get it corrected in short order.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Bummer!!! Hope it gets corrected in short order.

Congratulations on getting it so quickly! Seems they are not as far behind as they were. Sorry about the name though.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's Kentucky. You didn't expect those hillbillies to spell correctly, did you?

Excuse me while I duck & cover...and congrats--sort of. Hope it's straightened out post haste.
    mkh likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yeah, I hear ya. I have a name that is easy to misspell, and mispronounce. I take extra care to be legible when filling out forms and such.

Thankfully, I haven't had any errors regarding my ccw, or gun purchases. But I know your frustration.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that. I guess I was lucky - they got my name right.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

From what I hear, it's not that hard to fix.

Oldvet, duck & cover ain't gonna do much good. Kentucky has the very essence of gun control...we hit what we aim at.

What a shitter! Good luck!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya. I have a name that is easy to misspell, and mispronounce. I take extra care to be legible when filling out forms and such.

Thankfully, I haven't had any errors regarding my ccw, or gun purchases. But I know your frustration.
    my boot camp "yearbook" had my name wrong .nik instead of nix for last name.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post

BTW, Monday's over!

Free light bulbs! I'm jealous! Oh yeah, what WAS the rest of your post about?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Don't understand how in the world they could misspell sauerpuss!
    jrclen and StevePVB like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Sounds like the luck I have sometimes!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Really?! Really!?

They have humans there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE! E-mailed Ky dept. of criminal justice training about 8:00 last night and received this e-mail at 7:15 this morning:

"A new certificate has been issued and will go out in today’s mail. Sorry for the inconvenience"

Sweet! The earth may now continue to spin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links