York Arms to NY - Page 3

York Arms to NY

This is a discussion on York Arms to NY within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; now if we can only get the ammo manufactures to get in on the act. that might give them that little kick they need. they ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: York Arms to NY

now if we can only get the ammo manufactures to get in on the act. that might give them that little kick they need. they want to limit ammo sales. that has to hurt the ammo companies a bit. just a thought.
    BugDude likes this.

Bravo Zulu!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Every company should take that approach
    Aceoky likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Re: York Arms responds to NY gun mess

In a way, isn't this exactly what the libs in New York want? By making gun related businesses either leave the state or refuse to do business in their state it seems like kind of a win for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

well if that is what they want lets have their police forces protect them with nothing but pepper spray and a baton. maybe they will wake up when the criminals still have illegally obtained guns.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    nice. This ones gonna bite NY in the pocketbook, Im sure of it.

Also note, at the end of the article there is a link to Grassroots of North Carolina webpage with a form letter and the email addreses to the LEO divisions of Sig, S&W, and Glock so you can urge them to follow in the lead of Barrett, Larue Tactical, and York Arms.. its messy, not as slick as the one on Rugers site, but I guess it works.
    The little link is easy to find and use, I just sent out letters to S&W, Glock and Sig
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

York Arms responds to NY gun mess

Good. It needs to be more of this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I hope this trend will catch on with manufacturers. They have to stand up for what they believe in also.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

York Arms responds to NY gun mess

if only smith, glock, sig, and Springfield would jump on board.

go york arms!
    phreddy likes this.

New guy here. I joined primarily because of this thread though I enjoy reading the entire site.

I think this is an interesting angle to take and I support York Arms 100%. However, I agree with the concerns in some previous post that if the manufacturers and aftermarket companies do not handle this correctly it could cause a bigger issue for them. I think the best way for the industry to approach something like this is on a case by case basis. For instance, York Arms should not do business with the City of New York nor the State but the other "Gun Friendly" cities and towns in the state should get all the support they need. This same approach should go for Ammo Manufacturers and aftermarket accessory companies and suppliers.

I may open a hornet’s nest with this next comment. It’s a great thing to do on my first post but I mean no harm and I am simply trying to add to the discussion. One of the first things I notice when I visit the website of a firearm or ammo manufacturer is a banner espousing support for the Second Amendment and the NRA. This makes me ask "Which is it"? They continue to provide ammo and firearms to "unfriendlies" (NY, Chicago, LA) which in essence is support of those "unfriendlies" in their effort to tear down the industry and the 2nd Amendment. Don't get me wrong I am supportive of Law Enforcement officers. They receive a great deal of leeway from me as I know they are in a no win situation. However, if Bloomberg, Cuomo, Emanuel and others had to walk around with unarmed guards maybe they would get the point.

As a side note, you don't find the 2nd Amendment and NRA banners on the front page Glock’s web site. They may be there; you just have to dig for them? I am not a "Glock Hater" they make a great product I just don’t get a 2A warm and fuzzy from them. Also, anyone remember the deal that S&W made with Clinton? Even though ownership has changed since the Clinton Administration, the "deal" is still in place.

I fully support any gun manufacturer or ammo supplier that will not sell to government agencies in NY or any other unfriendly government.

It is called standing up and doing what's right.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    The little link is easy to find and use, I just sent out letters to S&W, Glock and Sig
    Where is the link to this? I must be looking over it. Thx, Jason

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Chuck Olympic and the others are not refusing to sell legal arms to residents of NY, they cant by law sell illegal arms to them.
    What they are doing is refusing to supply the state itself in protest of this stupidity they passed
    I guess I did not word my comment properly and should have stated, based on recently enacted state laws that prohibit certain guns, but this is part of the companies statement;

"Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
    For "civilian" customers residing in New York:
    At your choice, we will:
    complete your order and ship to a dealer of your choice outside of NY
    refund your payment in full
    hold your items here for up to 6 months, at no charge - if you are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state.
    For LE/Govt customers in New York:
    Your orders have been cancelled".
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

York Arms to NY

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    I fully support any gun manufacturer or ammo supplier that will not sell to government agencies in NY or any other unfriendly government.

It is called standing up and doing what's right.
    That's the key though. We need to make sure that sales are blocked only for gov. and LE, not for everyone in the whole state.
    If others follow suit, they need to keep the above in mind.
    While I do applaud their decision to not support NY Gov entities, it should not include the civilian population as well.
    If it does, then hell, we just created and supported our own weapons ban!

Never heard of this company until now but good for them!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links