CCW holster suggestions for Glock G26 Gen4.....

This is a discussion on CCW holster suggestions for Glock G26 Gen4..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just recently purchased a Glock G26 Gen4 for concealed carry. Would like thoughts and opinions on IWB vs. OWB and with or without cant. Have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CCW holster suggestions for Glock G26 Gen4.....

Just recently purchased a Glock G26 Gen4 for concealed carry. Would like thoughts and opinions on IWB vs. OWB and with or without cant. Have done a lot of research and I believe I've narrowed it down but would still like some input on this.

Get a Milt Sparks Summer Special II or a Versa Max and be done with it.
    gasmitty and Natiedean24 like this.

I have a G26 Gen 4 also and have three holsters, two IWB and OWB. The CrossBreed is the most comfortable to wear all day, it I have set with a forward cant so the front of the holster is at my belt line. The Glaco Triton has a forward cant and is not adjustable, it works good when I want to put it on quick to run to the store, its easier to slip into your pants than the CB. The OWB I have is a BlackHawk and I use it when I'm out hiking or with a longer coat on, it's not very good for concealing, but the retention is very good with it, with very little worries of it coming out of the holster. You may go thru a lot of holsters to find the right one, like you I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people and only end up with one leather one that I do not like. BTW the CB and BH both work with a G19, the Glaco does not because bottom of the holster rolls in and the barrel on the G19 will not go past that. Hope this helps, good luck.

I have a Gen 4 26 also I carry in a Galco King Tuck & a Galco Tuck & Go.While 4 wheeling its a Black Hawk with a retention strap.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Whatever you decide on, don't forget the importance of a proper belt.
    I've seen far to many people with holsters that "lean" out due to a belt that does not fully fill the belt loops.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Most of us have a duffle bag full of holsters that don't get used much. I have settled on the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe as the best one for my needs

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Get a Milt Sparks Summer Special II or a Versa Max and be done with it.
    Yeah. This. It may seem like a lot of money at first - dropping $150 on a holster. If you delete all the $30 to $60 holsters you will buy and never use from the price then it's a bargain. Go to TopGunSupply and get set up for email notification on a Versa Max 2. They get them in pretty regular for all the Glocks. Don't pay stupid ebay prices for one.

I've tried them all. There is a reason Milt's stuff is so highly regarded. Your not just paying for a name.

* edited to add that TopGunSupply has VM2's for the 26 in stock right now. Jump on it before they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Just recently purchased a Glock G26 Gen4 for concealed carry. Would like thoughts and opinions on IWB vs. OWB and with or without cant. Have done a lot of research and I believe I've narrowed it down but would still like some input on this.
    I have come to prefer Kydex holsters for carrying my Glocks. I have 2 of them, a Phantom Modular holster from Raven Concealment Systems and a K1 from Fist Holsters. Both these holsters can be used either OWB or IWB with loop accessories added and the cant can be set to suit yourself. Holsters are a matter of personal preference and there is seldom a cheap way to get to what works best for you. The Raven Phantom and the Fist K1 work well for me with my Glocks 19 and 17 respectively.

VIP Member
    One thing I'm going to suggest is to consider buying any holster you get for the Glock 19 instead of the 26. The 26 will fit in a 19 holster and there's very little difference in barrel length, so it's not like you will have a whole ton of extra holster. The benefit, obviously, is if you decide to buy a 19 (and who doesn't) later on, you'll already be covered in the holster department.
    wmhawth likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Re: CCW holster suggestions for Glock G26 Gen4.....

I carry my 27 in a Crossbreed. After owning one for a year and a half for my XDM it was a no brainer to get one for my new 27.

In God and Glock we Trust

Thanks for all the insight. I'm leaning toward a IWB and an OWB for summer and winter carry and RightsEroding I will definitely get the proper belt. That was the first thing one of my family members told me.

VIP Member
    I use a Blade-Tech Nano for IWB for my Glock. I've carried it for about a year now and I have no complaints.

I used to do the IWB/OWB switcharoo from summer to winter, but since I started carrying IWB in that Nano, I haven't carried OWB much.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

old faithful iwb slight cant fwd
    jbird likes this.
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

I'm a bigger guy, so I really don't like IWB for me. I have a Bianchi model 82 OWB for my G26 GenIII that I love. Have one for my XDm as well that is my EDC. Secure and confortable. As someone else said, a good quality belt makes a huge difference in whatever holster you use.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Holster suggestions for the Glock G6

While I don't have a G26, I do have a Gen 4 G19. I've been very comfortable with the High Noon Slide Carry, with the body guard. I'm not the smallest person in the world, and wearing this OWB works very well for me. I've got serveral of the same holster for my 1911 and my Kahr MK9. All of mine have been made from cowhide, until this one for the Glock and It's Horsehide...love it. Check out High Noon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links