If you woke up tomorrow and .........

This is a discussion on If you woke up tomorrow and ......... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every state had banned our right to carry concealed ? And let's eliminate the obvious "Open Carry Issue" from the get go. I am assuming ...

Thread: If you woke up tomorrow and .........

If you woke up tomorrow and .........

Every state had banned our right to carry concealed ?
    And let's eliminate the obvious "Open Carry Issue" from the get go.
    I am assuming that everyone here is more or less on the same page.
    We choose to carry a weapon for slightly different reasons But we can all agree (maybe) that we choose to carry to protect ourselves and our familys if nothing else.
    So the queston is .......... How many of us (forum members) would continue to carry if our "LEGAL" Right to carry was suddenly taken away ????

My PC Disclaimer : I am in NO way advocating the carrying of a concealed weapon by anyone not legally licensed to do so .........
    So There
    A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

2. Remove Ads

I have to say that I would not continue to carry...and that exact situation happened to me recently actually (some of you have read this before)...I used to carry every single day...then I moved to new york...one day I was legal to carry everywhere I went the next day it was not legal for me to even possess a handgun anywhere in my new state. Wow...talk about a wake-up call. I'm going on 6 months now and it really feels terrible I have to say.
    But, I look at it this way. If I carry outside the law here then I am risking a felony charge...heck it's even a felony to have a handgun in my house but that's another story...I can protect my family a lot easier if I am actually around to do so. I can come up with other tools to protect myself and my loved ones....not as effective as a handgun indeed, but I can get by just the same. And while I'm following the law I'm working hard to try to change the laws with my vote and educating my friends. It's a long and slow path to do things the legal way but I would do it for my family so that I could be around for them. I do realize that, because of that choice, I may find myself in a position where only a gun would help me and THAT is a hard choice. But I think weighing all of the risks (for me) the best choice is to not carry. Of course I feel that this is illegal, I feel that the 2nd is an individual right, and I feel rage when I see some of the antis talk but that will only make me fight harder to restore the RKBA!

Administrator

The continuation of this thread requires that forum members possibly make admission of illegal activity.
    That is against CombatCarry rules and regulations.
    Do not send me Private Mail to argue the point.
    Do not send me Private Mail To Apologize...it's not necessary.
    End of discussion.
    The Thread Is Closed.

Should the right to carry and/or own firearms ever be rescinded - then Forum Members will do whatever it is they will do as individual American citizens - and there is no need to discuss the topic in advance on a public Internet forum.

Links