How much longer is the current craze expected to last?

This is a discussion on How much longer is the current craze expected to last? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I realize no one knows, but for those of you who have seen these things come and go over the years, do you have any ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: How much longer is the current craze expected to last?

I realize no one knows, but for those of you who have seen these things come and go over the years, do you have any idea? Ammo shelves are clean, certain guns are really hard to get, etc.? I would like to find a good semi-auto handgun such as an S&W M&P9c or Glock 19, but I'm not sure I can find the ammo if I get the gun.

I've decided not to get stressed about it or pay too much just to get it. I have my old but serviceable .38 Special and a couple of shotguns. Still, things have gotten real loony this time around. Is the knee-jerk reaction to Newtown what got this run on buying up guns and ammo going?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    I realize no one knows, but for those of you who have seen these things come and go over the years, do you have any idea? Ammo shelves are clean, certain guns are really hard to get, etc.? I would like to find a good semi-auto handgun such as an S&W M&P9c or Glock 19, but I'm not sure I can find the ammo if I get the gun.

I've decided not to get stressed about it or pay too much just to get it. I have my old but serviceable .38 Special and a couple of shotguns. Still, things have gotten real loony this time around. Is the knee-jerk reaction to Newtown what got this run on buying up guns and ammo going?
    I've never seen anything like what is going on now. This is the new normal, I fear.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    The reaction isn't to Newtown, the reaction is to the liberal politicians who want gun confiscation, but will settle for registration this time around. They'll go for confiscation the next time.

Fitch
    Aceoky, darbo, mano3 and 1 others like this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I have a feeling that the current panic will ebb and flow and probably last until sometime early in November of 2016 because, um... well, no particular reason...
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

It will last until they stop trying to ban our guns. So since they won't stop neither will the buying frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    The reaction isn't to Newtown, the reaction is to the liberal politicians who want gun confiscation, but will settle for registration this time around. They'll go for confiscation the next time.

Fitch
    That's what I meant by "the knee-jerk reaction to Newtown." You're right though: liberal politicians are always looking for an excuse, and Newtown became the irrational excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I've never seen anything like what is going on now. This is the new normal, I fear.
    It seems there has been a lot of "new normal" coming down since 2008.

Berry's says their bullet backlog is 2 - 4 months. I haven't seen any info from other manufacturers. I know I can't find primers anywhere, either.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

GH
    I just called the gun shop where I have my order in for an M&P 40C. Got a great deal on it but was told the wait could be up to 3 months. It's a week over 2 months so I called the store a couple of hours ago & they still haven't gotten any word from S&W about delivery. The store is starting to think it could be up to a 6 month wait at this rate. They're also speculating that Shields could take longer. Their inventory is down to a couple of Kahrs & now they're worried they'll be losing customers. They could have orders for about 25 M&P 40Cs from Milwaukee POs that carry the full size M&P 40 on duty & would like a nice off duty gun similar to what they use on a daily basis.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Until the next "crisis" comes along. Gas prices are on the rise again. Before long people's attention will grow tired of guns and get back to the war on SUV's and big oil.
    Richard58 and mano3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    Until the next "crisis" comes along. Gas prices are on the rise again. Before long people's attention will grow tired of guns and get back to the war on SUV's and big oil.
    We hope!

VIP Member
    The buying frenzy will slow when the financial system collapses.
    iblearning, darbo and Buckeye00 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    We hope!
    That was my reaction. Who can tell? I hope NCSoxFan is right. This isn't your dad's Cadillac any longer.

I wish it would end soon!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

It won't stop until or unless the Supreme Court rules that these attempts are unconstitutional.
    Rock and Glock and mano3 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links