FL non-res fingerprints

FL non-res fingerprints

This is a discussion on FL non-res fingerprints within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Short version: Can a non-resident go to any random sheriff station in FL and get fingerprints done? Long version: Sup y'all. A couple months ago ...

Thread: FL non-res fingerprints

FL non-res fingerprints

Short version: Can a non-resident go to any random sheriff station in FL and get fingerprints done?

Long version: Sup y'all. A couple months ago when I decided to go to Florida, I wanted to get my first CCW permit. No intent to carry in public as I'm not comfortable with concealing yet, but a FL permit is good for the entire trip, except for the 13 mile trip from my house to the state border. Figured it would make my trip safer, and I could keep my handgun in my tent while camping.

Sent off my request for a fingerprint card about 40 days ago thinking I could have a permit in time! Gov. office? On time? Silly me. I leave in a couple days for vacation and my fingerprint card still has not arrived. I figured I would just call some random sheriff station on the way down and see if they could take the prints and what they cost.

Any reason that wouldn't work? Any other words of wisdom?
    At this point, my rationale for getting a permit is because a FL permit works in every surrounding IL state except WI, which I've only been there twice in my life. Also, we are probably getting CCW in the very near future and the law (HB-0997) has a provision that anyone who already has a CCW from another state can keep using it for 6 months after the law takes effect. Classes in this area are expected to fill very quickly considering that we were one of the counties that voted 80% pro CCW in the last election.

Top box on Page 8 of the application...any sheriff's office or any Regional Office of the Dept of AG

The instructions for submitting your fi ngerprints electronically that appear below will apply to you
    only if you are having
    your fi ngerprints taken at one of the county sheriffs’ offi ces in Florida that offer electronic fi ngerprinting service. You
    should be aware that you have the option of submitting your application for a Florida concealed weapon license at one
    of the Division of Licensing’s eight Regional Offi ces located throughout the state. If you choose this option, our Regional
    Offi ce staff can scan your fi ngerprints. For additional information about submitting your application at one of our Regional
    Offi ces, visit our webpage at http://mylicensesite.com
    Regional Offices

Yes, you can go to any Sheriff's office. The state, not the sheriff, issues your FL license.

I went to my local city Police Department. If you're a resident of a municipality, you can usually get your prints done for free. Or else, it will cost roughly $5.

Don't forget to print the address of the Police Station doing the printing on the back corner of the fingerprint cards...

My paper work was completed in a deal with Front Site.

Short version: Can a non-resident go to any random sheriff station in FL and get fingerprints done?
    The electronic printing at a Regional Office or Sheriff's Office is optional. You can still do ink cards, if necessary, by any LE agency in any state.

Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    My paper work was completed in a deal with Front Site.
    But FrontSite isn't a LEA. ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    But FrontSite isn't a LEA. ?
    Maybe they have a LEO that works/instructs there off-duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Maybe they have a LEO that works/instructs there off-duty?
    I recall reading somewhere FL stating that it can't be an off duty LEO....

I ended up stopping at the Gainesville sheriff's office. Being a college town, they didn't seem phased by the fact that I had a non-res ID. Super quick, was there 20 minutes at the most.

Sponsored Links