Would like to see more of this....much more...

This is a discussion on Would like to see more of this....much more... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Retail discounts for showing weapon or cc license. Virginia pizza shop offers discount to gun owners | MyFOX8.com ? Greensboro, High-Point, Winston-Salem News & weather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Would like to see more of this....much more...

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Would like to see more of this....much more...

There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

I agree.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

NRA Patron Member

That is great. Guess where I would be buying my pizza?
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    We should be doing everything we can to patronize and publicize businesses like this pizza shop. In Texas, we have a website that publicizes businesses and others that post the "don't carry here" signs (Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 Information Resource - Home). But if we could shift the focus to carry-friendly businesses, I think more businesses would jump on the bandwagon.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

There is a local Mexican place in Omaha that has a sign that welcomes Legal Concealed Carriers. I don't go there as often as I should because it is well off my beaten path but the food is good and I like seeing a sign that welcomes me, not criminalize me.

In case you live in or visit the Omaha area, check out Netties Fine Mexican Food.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

always wanted to do a pepperoni vs cheese penetration test with my ammmo!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

I'll bet some idiot is going to try to sue the pizza shop for discrimination.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I'll bet some idiot is going to try to sue the pizza shop for discrimination.
    That was one of the comments I saw on the article: "This is blatant discrimination."

Hah, whatever.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I applaud this business owner for putting his money behind his support. At this point we have to exhaust every opportunity to influence public opinion, I guess.

Personally, though, I kinda prefer the "always carry, never tell" philosophy. I don't want any discount. I just want to be left alone. I would patronize a business like this in a heartbeat, but I would not take advantage of the discount because it's no one's concern but mine whether I'm carrying.

If a business were simply to display a sign something like "We respect and support those who exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. You are welcome here" and leave it at that, I would be happy.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Retail discounts for showing weapon or cc license.
    I hope the store owner also let's his delivery people carry on the job!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    That was one of the comments I saw on the article: "This is blatant discrimination."

Hah, whatever.
    Not really. You may apply and get a permit. Your choice. No one is stopping you.
    ep1953 likes this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by dagored View Post
    Not really. You may apply and get a permit. Your choice. No one is stopping you.
    Not only that, a private business is allowed to refuse service for any reason as long as its not based on race or religion if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    I applaud this business owner for putting his money behind his support. At this point we have to exhaust every opportunity to influence public opinion, I guess.

Personally, though, I kinda prefer the "always carry, never tell" philosophy. I don't want any discount. I just want to be left alone. I would patronize a business like this in a heartbeat, but I would not take advantage of the discount because it's no one's concern but mine whether I'm carrying.

If a business were simply to display a sign something like "We respect and support those who exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. You are welcome here" and leave it at that, I would be happy.
    Agreed. I've thought about offering a CC discount at my business, but I don't think people would want me to know, which I respect.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I think that just became the least likely place in town to get robbed.

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

Not sure how I feel about people flashing their pieces, but I think offering discounts to people for producing a valid CHL at the time of purchase is great. But of course there's potential backfire. People who hate guns could just as easily boycott these same places for doing this. Still, I think it's great and I would happily patronize businesses that do this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links