Had to pull my gun the other night.

This is a discussion on Had to pull my gun the other night. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work second shift, on the weekends i work 12 to 9. Me and the wife decided to go to the Black Angus after i ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Had to pull my gun the other night.

I work second shift, on the weekends i work 12 to 9.

Me and the wife decided to go to the Black Angus after i got home on Sunday night, about 930.

I was carrying my GP100 and the wife had her LCR.

Dinner came, ate, luckily i just ordered water. Had to go to the bathroom, the receptionist deck is right in front of the bathroom hallway there, then it branches to a T for mens and womans.

I turned left, and there was the receptionist, with a guy, she saw me turn the corner and she had a wide eyed scared look on her face, the guy tried his best to look inconspicuous. I go in, thinking that was odd, and hear them arguing while i am in there.

I come out, just in time to see him slap her. I say, "dont you think that was uncalled for?". He pulls a knife, and says "why dont you get the F outta here before i slice your ass off?"

I am thinking "seriously"? The girl starts crying and pleads with the guy not to do it. I pull my gun and say "why dont you just stand there while i give your girlfriend my phone to call 911 for assault?"

The girl has a "Your busted" look on her face, now, and they guy has a "oops, i messed with the wrong dude look on his face. I asked her if she wanted to use my phone, she said yes, now the guy is still just standing there, all he had to do was run away, she is calling and he is begging her not to, i am no longer pointing the gun at him, its by my side.

The cops got there in 5 min.

"DROP THE GUN" he says, i set it on the floor, he comes and checks my id and license and his partner grabs the guy, the girl and i get interviewed seperatley, and she must have filed charges on him too, he wet bye bye in the police car. after that i put the gun in the car, and the wife and i had a drink
    Walden, DJC7, Aceoky and 30 others like this.

wow.. o.0 (off Topic, Nice Super Bee in your pic :D )
    Fingerman likes this.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

...that went rather well!!!

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Good job is really all I can say. :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Nobody got hurt, best possible outcome. Good work
    mano3 likes this.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Great job....being that he had a weapon I would have ordered him to the floor and kept my weapon trained on him. I still think you handled the situation properly and with great care and restraint and should be commended. Hopefully the girl is no longer associated with him in any manner.
    CLASS3NH and Honk like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I bet he had to use the restroom after you pulled your gun out on him
    msgt/ret, sixgun and Archer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Great job....being that he had a weapon I would have ordered him to the floor and kept my weapon trained on him. I still think you handled the situation properly and with great care and restraint and should be commended. Hopefully the girl is no longer associated with him in any manner.
    Yep, I would've done the same thing... Or, at least I think I would have. I guess one never knows how they're going to respond when something like that goes down... But, great job by the OP!
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Great job....being that he had a weapon I would have ordered him to the floor and kept my weapon trained on him."

^^ Yeah, I would not have left him standing. Ordering him to the floor would have made his running off more difficult and increased everyone else's safety.

I won't say shoulda/coulda on your actions, but maybe a call to 9-11 before speaking to him might--and I mean might--have been a better initial course seeing as a battery had already taken place.

All in all, things turned out well for all but the guy, and kudos to you.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That's the way to stay calm and in control.....but if he would have lunged at you or her the scenario would have had a different outcome I'm sure....good job.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

I think many of us can think of things we'd have done slightly differently.

But there's a big difference between kicking back at the keyboard and reacting in the moment. You were there, and made a string of decisions that lead to a good outcome.

Nice work!

Wow good job. Sounds like you had the situation under controll the entir time.

Until the knife is out of play, the gun stays centered on his chest. You could be stabbed before you could get your gun back in play.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

It sounds like you did a great job.

Good job OP.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links