Michigan - Oakland County - CPL turn around time

This is a discussion on Michigan - Oakland County - CPL turn around time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, Oakland County (Michigan) tells me 6 weeks. Today was 6 weeks and 1 day!!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm anxious to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, Oakland County (Michigan) tells me 6 weeks. Today was 6 weeks and 1 day!!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm anxious to get my CPL. What are others experiences in Oakland County? In Michigan? Others?

I was told up to 90 days almost 4 years ago in Livingston county. I don't remember the exact time frame but it was less than a month. Not sure if this has any relevance....different county and years ago.
    I will offer what my friend told me, FWIW. A few weeks ago my friend was told the same time frame (90 days), but not to be alarmed if it took longer because of the large number if applicants in-process.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

I recently applied in West MI and was told 3-4 months from the day I turned my paperwork in... So the wait begins, I see as of Feb 4th Oakland had just under 2000 permits pending they must be cranking permits out faster them most here in MI if they are able to process permits in around 6 weeks.

Thanks for the feedback. Well, they're definitely not holding to the 6 weeks!!! I figured that could get longer with the rush of applications.

How do you find out how many pending CPLs there are in each county?

Eaton County is telling you 6-10 weeks on renewals, I imagine that goes for new permits also. Their gun board only meets once a month so I'm guessing timing is everything. My first permit, back in 2001 when the new carry law went into effect took forever. I took my CPL class in January and didn't get my permit until September. Back then you had to appear before the board in person which took forever because of the amount of people applying for permits. Good Luck, hope it's in the mail for you.

Wayne County... can't complain. Took class, went to clerk/sheriff for fingerprinting and application. Was told (and per their web site) 3 to 4 months. Guess they believe in setting low expectations and then beating them. CPL arrived in mail 6 weeks to the day.

This was fairly recent (Dec-Jan this year). I was actually in the Sheriff's office while Sandyhook was taking place, didn't know until I got home and saw the tragic news.

Well I guess I should have been a bit more patient!! My CPL came today!! 45 days.

when My wife and I applied for ours last summer, it took just shy of 2 months to get the CPL. It really depends on when the GUN BOARD has their meetings scheduled once your finger print report comes back from the FBI. they were meeting just once a month so if your prints got back the day after their meeting, you app sat there till the next meeting.. Not sure whether they went to two meetings a month or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevitz1 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Well, they're definitely not holding to the 6 weeks!!! I figured that could get longer with the rush of applications.

How do you find out how many pending CPLs there are in each county?
    The link here shows all of the counties MSP - Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Chevitz1 View Post
    So, Oakland County (Michigan) tells me 6 weeks. Today was 6 weeks and 1 day!!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm anxious to get my CPL. What are others experiences in Oakland County? In Michigan? Others?
    I have been waiting 8 weeks so far, I'm starting to think it got lost in the mail!

Mine took 7 weeks and 4 days to get. I got to think yours is coming in the next day or two.

Glad to have another RESPONSIBLE, gun carrier in Oakland County. More Guns, being carried by Lawful Citizens, the better.
    SHARE THE SHOOTING SPORTS, AND HUNTING WITH YOUR KIDS.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...29138960_o.jpg
    XDM 5.25 9mm/SA SS 1911A1 Loaded/PK380/SS SingleSix

Macomb county took about 3 1/2 months. I applied at the end of October, and received my CPL in February. The longest part of that was waiting for the gun board to set a date. Everything else was processed within 45 days. I heard that Oakland county does not require a gun board review.

still waiting.

its been 7 weeks and 5 days. checking mail daily

Search this thread with your county name for more examples.
    MGO Community Forum
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links