Range Report

Range Report

This is a discussion on Range Report within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the range with my brothers yesterday. I was telling them about my Smartcarry and Bianchi speed strips. How I could carry 2 ...

Thread: Range Report

Senior Moderator

Range Report

I went to the range with my brothers yesterday. I was telling them about my Smartcarry and Bianchi speed strips. How I could carry 2 speedstrips in place of one speedloader. When I handed them the Smartcarry brouchure they were less than impressed. They talked about how it would look like you have a woody and that you could not draw and fire with any speed. I then drew my 605 from my Smartcarry and fired. I believe they are probably going to place an order this week for their own Smartcarry. With the Bianchi speedstrips it was a different story. I first showed them that I could carry 2 concealed easily. That yes the were slower than a speed loader but not that much. Well after a demonstration we decided to do some unsciencitific timing with our wrist watches. These are my times of emptying reloading and firing. Speedloader 3-5 seconds, Speedstrip 8-12 seconds, lose rounds in coat pocket 15-18 seconds. These are the best times, with the speedstrips I dropped a couple of rounds. We also timed reloading our autos and they were 1.5 seconds or less. These times are probably a little on the fast side but it should be a rough estimate. For the record i now carry my speed loader and one speed strip.
    Last edited by pgrass101; October 30th, 2006 at 12:59 PM.

I always wondered how well a wheel gun would fit in a smartcarry. I guess the answer is "pretty well".

Also, although this thread will shortly be moved to the gear sections, I've always had a preference for moonclips of speedloaders or strips whenever I've fired a wheelie.

Links