Arkansas: Right-to-Carry Confidentiality Bill Passes / Also Concealed in Church

This is a discussion on Arkansas: Right-to-Carry Confidentiality Bill Passes / Also Concealed in Church within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes!!! Sanity in the state of Arkansas continues. Of course, the libs were screaming loudly about this one, led by the media. But I guess ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By twhditto
  • 1 Post By nightsonge

Thread: Arkansas: Right-to-Carry Confidentiality Bill Passes / Also Concealed in Church

Thumbs up Arkansas: Right-to-Carry Confidentiality Bill Passes / Also Concealed in Church

Yes!!! Sanity in the state of Arkansas continues. Of course, the libs were screaming loudly about this one, led by the media. But I guess we are close enough to Texas to catch freedom from them (lol). We are happy, happy, happy.

I have had it up to the top of my head with the people who are whining about the new law of "allowing concealed in church." I have pastored for a number of years. I have been amused with the tired line "separation of church and state" by those who are liberal in ideology and lifestyles. For years, they have wanted to control what goes on in the churches, and their go to phrase does not work in the other direction. It should and now, it does here. There are a lot of people that have written to the paper in support of it, but a lot who are against it. One wag asked what kind of assault weapon would Jesus carry. Made my blood boil. Liberals are all alike, I guess.

As a pastor, I am very glad that it passed, but have known of many through the years that have carried. As everyone knows, the place to go is where guns are not allowed so as to rob and harm people. Maybe perpetrating lawless ones will understand that if they come to do harm in churches, they will be met with something more than they probably wanted.

It is a matter of control - just like the government wants to control almost every aspect of our lives. I am glad that at least this state recognizes that not every matter is to be controlled by the state. And that it is run under the fact that we are a REPUBLIC and not a DEMOCRACY. As a republic, we must operate in the framework of the constitution, not to the whims of the majority at any given time. Thank you conservative minded senators and representatives of Arkansas, republicans and a good group of democrats.
    shadowwalker likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations !

Personally, I really don't see why Arkies are making such a fuss over the church carry. I'm just over the border in Oklahoma. Both Arkansas and Oklahoma began issuing concealed carry permits in 1995, In Oklahoma we've always been able to carry in church unless the church posts the entrances stating otherwise, by the same token, we've always been allowed to carry in parks and recreational areas owned by the city, county or state regardless of signs. To the best of my knowledge we haven't had any real problems from those policies.

I'd suggest asking your lawmakers in Arkansas why they feel Arkansas licensed carriers are so much less competent and trustworthy than the ones in Oklahoma. :-)

I'd love to hear how they respond to that one.
    Aceoky likes this.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Well, the original conceal law had in it that churches and houses of worship were except like government buildings and schools from conceal and carry. I believe that the liberals, with the aid of some "putting their noses in everyone's business" pastors, got that added to the original bill. This move stripped that out.

Very nice, congrats AR...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links