Step 2: Check- And more waiting begins!

This is a discussion on Step 2: Check- And more waiting begins! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the sheriff's office this a.m. No fuss, no muss. Gave her my CCDW class certificate and drivers license. She filled out the paperwork ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Step 2: Check- And more waiting begins!

Went to the sheriff's office this a.m. No fuss, no muss. Gave her my CCDW class certificate and drivers license. She filled out the paperwork for me, but then gave it to me to look over and sign. Forgot to ask how long it was taking, but doesn't really matter. It is what it is.

Sooooo glad I didn't have to wait for my license BEFORE I bought my gun! That would be tragic!!

Off to the range... Happy Thursday all!
    Aceoky likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Congratulations. How long is the wait in Kentucky? I mailed my application Tuesday and will be surprised if I get my CWP before June.

In my county here in Michigan the gun board meets once a month on the 5th. They tell you up to ten weeks but I got my last renewal in just under six. I like your username, my primary carry gun is a Sig Pro. Enjoy the range.

Glad it's on it's way.

I only know about renewals here. Pretty quick. Get used to your gear so ya can be ready.

Re: Step 2: Check- And more waiting begins!

I'm in the same boat.

My appointment with the Sheriff's department to apply was Monday this week. It was scheduled over a month ago.

I'm pretty easy going, so being patient tends to be something I do well. Apparently, the same is not true for a lot of people. The deputy that I spoke with told me that many people are being less than polite about the backlog.

I asked how long she thought it might take, but she couldn't tell me. There are too many other departments involved and they are all backed up badly. In Ohio, they have 45 days to issue the license. She said she sure hopes it doesn't take anywhere near that long.

-SF

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    Congratulations. How long is the wait in Kentucky? I mailed my application Tuesday and will be surprised if I get my CWP before June.
    Shall issue if qualified (not insane , felon etc.) within 90 days from the time you submit the prints, photo etc.

A bill just passed out of committee that will speed this up quite a bit if the House and Senate pass it and it's signed (likely IMO)

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "Forgot to ask how long it was taking, but doesn't really matter. It is what it is."

Yep. Those who waited until the last six months to apply need to remember that. When you want what everyone else wants, you have to get in line.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

BTW, no fingerprints were taken. Just the photo and paperwork.
    NRA Life Member

My mistake now that you mention it, I'm sure I was thinking about my wife's job BG check where she had to be printed . Thanks for pointing that out,

Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post
    Interesting. It's amazing how much variation there is among states in their requirements. No matter, though. I have much rather the states do it however they like rather than the federal government creating another "one size fits all."
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Congrats, its been 1 month since I took the qual course and I have 1 more week before I can apply, then 90 days....cant wait.

Welcome to the forum, Archer. I joined this month, too, took my CWP course last Saturday, and sent in my application on Tuesday. It will probably be June before I hear anything.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post
    Just wondering...Is this the norm in Kentucky?

Congratulations, hope your wait isn't too long.

Wow I may move to Kentucky.

We have to...

Pay to have passport photos taken and provide them
    Pay to have fingerprints taken
    Pay to have 2 different affidavits notarized
    Fill out a several page application
    Provide copies of divorce papers
    Pay to take the qual class and provide cert.

I thought La. was gun friendly state....

Bama is even easier. Buy gun, or use a serial number if one already owned by you, go to sheriffs office. Fill out paper, wait from minutes to days (week) at most, pay ($5-$20) take permit home. Renewal through mail.

Posted from the outer reaches of the universe via my Star Fleet communicator! Live long & prosper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links