Started a new job and given no policy on guns. Looking for deep cover holster .38 sn

This is a discussion on Started a new job and given no policy on guns. Looking for deep cover holster .38 sn within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Charter Arms .38 snubbie Detectives Speacial. I started a new job and they do not even have an Employee's Manual. It's a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Started a new job and given no policy on guns. Looking for deep cover holster .38 sn

Started a new job and given no policy on guns. Looking for deep cover holster .38 sn

I have a Charter Arms .38 snubbie Detectives Speacial.

I started a new job and they do not even have an Employee's Manual.
    It's a small husband and wife company. My normal EDC is a Glock 30sf.

However I don't want a new policy coming out.
    So i have this wheel gun from my mom's estate.

I wear button front collar shirts tucked in with slacks.
    I seek a good deep concealment holster to continue to carry
    unnoticed. Anyone tried those T Shirts with elastic bands in them?
    Anyother thoughts? I'll go ankle holster if I must bt do not prefer them.

2. Remove Ads

The undercover tee shirts work great but can be hot in warmer climates. I think Smart Carry could be your answer
    ep1953 likes this.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

In the interest of full disclosure I would speak to them and leave nothing to chance, and follow their requests. You are better asking for permission than for asking foregiveness in this situation. With that..... I would look at a Tuckable IWB hybrid. Should make your snubbie disappear.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I agree with 12 gauge; the undercover tee shirts do work great. My only concern is how snug your shirts are under your armpit area. If they seem roomy to you, then I think you are in good shape. If they are snug, do not even try the undershirt route.

Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    Conceal well, say nothing. If they wanted to address the issue to you they would have, or perhaps later
    on after you have worked there a while and both sides seem happy, you will figure out how they feel
    about things.

No sign, no employees manual, keep mouth shut. In my experience, if you have to ask the answer is going
    to be no. Consider that possibility as well.

Added a few moments later: That's a very small business. Is it one that
    should generally be a safe environment, e.g., insurance agency. Are
    you meeting customers who may be angry about something the business has
    done, e.g., a small law firm? You need to take it all into consideration including
    the off chance that you were made during the interview and that was part
    of why you were hired.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure I would speak to them and leave nothing to chance, and follow their requests. You are better asking for permission than for asking foregiveness in this situation. With that..... I would look at a Tuckable IWB hybrid. Should make your snubbie disappear.
    Why start some where there is none?
    KBSR, Ransom, jbum and 4 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Agree with Hopyard and Mike1956- if you're not breaking a law, and not breaking your employer's stated rules, best to treat your gun like your thangalong- keep it covered and don't talk about it at work!

I'm with the majority (so far) here. I wouldn't ask, and I wouldn't tell.

That small C/A will disappear on you once you get used to carrying it all the time. Good ankle holster perhaps (Renegade is my favorite), a good IWB holster would work well too.

Problem with the shirt systems, is you'll eventually get tired of it (been there), and end up with the gun just stuck in your pants.

Good luck & be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

don't say anything to ANYBODY!! One of the most important things to remember..
    oneshot likes this.

A belly band may be your best bet. No clips or straps to show.
    MrsHB likes this.

Thanks for the advice amigo but I have always been a top performing salesman in many different industries.
    Not that I'm super slick, I just have a little OCD and make more effort due to this than most.
    When your stuffing the bosses butt full of money, you get more latitude. Without an employees manual, I'll take my chances.
    Plus, both know I was in drug interdiction and I honestly don't think it would surprise them in the least if they somehow found out.
    Not that they will. Looking at the smart carry and the cell phone holster I'm relatively confident exposure is not an issue.
    That and I'm protected by Texas state law. without telling I can't in advance, they could get sued and lose a butt load of money.
    And i do not think they would really care. Not that they'll ever know.

Ransom likes this.

VIP Member
    Not stated yet, but on concealment, you may do better with one of the tiny .380 pistols. An LCP for example
    just disappears in a pocket. In a decent wallet holster it should be undetectable unless you fidget with it
    during the day.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Why on earth would you bring up the subject?? There is NO employee manual, NO stated policy! Deep conceal and say NOTHING. No one knows, no one cares.

If you bring up the subject you bring up the chance for the answer to be NO guns allowed here.

On the issue of deep concealment, i LOVE my smartcarry holster. The only drawback is I had to order a new on a couple of years ago because I wore the old one out. It lasted several years (don't remember how many, at least five I think) so I feel it's worth it. If you wear pleated pants there is no way you will be made.
    RichB70 likes this.

...I strongly disagree with "full disclosure"...
    ...if the law allows and the employer's said nothing or included nothing about weapons in the workplace, carry CONCEALED and don't bring it up...asking permission just gives the employer a chance to say "NO"...kinda like askin' Sally for a kiss on Saturday night...just KISS her...a slap ain't all that bad nor likely...
    Aceoky likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links