Record Numbers of Americans taking Concealed Carry Classes

This is a discussion on Record Numbers of Americans taking Concealed Carry Classes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know where I live, classes are booked for months in advance. This video clip is typical of what is going on all around America ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Record Numbers of Americans taking Concealed Carry Classes

I know where I live, classes are booked for months in advance. This video clip is typical of what is going on all around America these days. More gun owners seek to conceal carry - YouTube.

I'm glad my wife and I got ours when we did.

2. Remove Ads

I think I'll take it again just to keep the number growing!
    pittypat21 likes this.

I agree - same phenomenon here. I've had mine about 8 months and had 20 people in my class. Same class now had 100 people in it last weekend.

Last year in my family we had 3 members with CCW licenses. Now we have 8 and my mother is currently taking the class.

I love how the reporter stated "I AM NOT A GUN OWNER" media sucks all against us except a few.BTW I live in this stations market never liked the reporter anyway

I know that my local range is backlogged out to mid-March for CHL classes. And that's with them running 3 different 30 student classes a week.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Imagine that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My wife is one of those!
    It took a number of years, but she finally decided it was time.
    .45acpguy likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I'm included in this. The number of people signing up around here is crazy. Every class is full.

It's a great time to be teaching those classes
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Heck the only reason I was able to get in my class as a stand by is because it was held out side and it was cold as balls out. I love it when people are afraid of getting a little cold.

I'm part of this group. Shot best in class. That's not saying much, though. One guy could barely hit the paper with his shiny new Sig. And a really old woman who's never shot a pistol showed up with a 1911 Tactical model I don't know how her husband let her out the door with it... I didn't have the heart to ask if he was deceased. She ended up qualifying with the instructors .22

There were a few guys who shot ok... And there was another old lady with a brand new Walther P22, i believe it was, she barely had the strength to use it in DA and had to use both hands to thumb the safety.

Needless to say when everyone starting breaking them out in class for the first time i was peering left and right making sure no one had any loaded mags/weapons.

I felt more like an instructor than a student.

Maybe us stupid peasants know the best way to protect ourselves after all. No one let the government know this, cause we know they have the American people in their best interest daily.

Re: Record Numbers of Americans taking Concealed Carry Classes

I finally convinced my parents to take the class and they received their plastic a couple weeks ago. Last Saturday I went and sat in my wife's CHL class and they had 97 in it, I am so proud of her she shot a 243 out of a possible 250 points on the proficiency test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    pittypat21 and BurgerBoy like this.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

I think we need more stories like this on the local and national news. Even if this reporter wasn't as enthusiastic about guns as he could have been, overall I thought he did a good job. I feel this report will result in even more people wanting to take the class.

Obviously, the more law-abiding citizens that choose to conceal carry the better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links