Michigander carrying in FL

This is a discussion on Michigander carrying in FL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I checked out the Handgunlaw.us site and I think I may be reading it wrong. I clicked on FL and it states all the states ...

Thread: Michigander carrying in FL

Michigander carrying in FL

I checked out the Handgunlaw.us site and I think I may be reading it wrong. I clicked on FL and it states all the states if honors, but not too sure what the yellow means for FL.

Can someone clear the air for me?

Thanks.

I will be driving to FL from MI and wondering if I can conceal during the drive down there, and while there.

2. Remove Ads

It's yellow because you must be a resident of the state you honor. Florida will honor a Michigan CPL as long as you are a Michigander as you stated.

Good luck

Re: Michigander carrying in FL

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    It's yellow because you must be a resident of the state you honor. Florida will honor a Michigan CPL as long as you are a Michigander as you stated.

Good luck
    Sweet, yea that's what I was thinking. Now to find out if I can conceal all the way there..state to state, or will I have to remove it and drop in trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrowe View Post
    Sweet, yea that's what I was thinking. Now to find out if I can conceal all the way there..state to state, or will I have to remove it and drop in trunk.
    You are good to go: Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

as they say, I am not a lawyer, BUT... OH, IN, KY, TN, AL, GA and FL all have reciprocity with MI for a CPL (concealed pistol license, as its called in MI) holder.

that being said, they MAY and likely DO have different laws about where, where not, how, and all that jazz.. so dont assume that if you get out of your car youre always going to be compliant with the law.. probably will be.. but just check the details. Dont want to get out of the car at a rest stop in state XX and find out they consider it a GFZ or something..

We are from Michigan and have a second home in Florida. I have researched this issue pretty carefully. We are legal in every State from here to there and I carry when we drive. We fly often, so we also have our Florida guns there and our Michigan guns here.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    We are from Michigan and have a second home in Florida. I have researched this issue pretty carefully. We are legal in every State from here to there and I carry when we drive. We fly often, so we also have our Florida guns there and our Michigan guns here.
    Awesome, thanks. Yea I will be traveling through OH, IN for a second, KY, TN, AL and staying in the pan handle of FL.

Thanks again. Bigdrowe

Links