Mall of America in Minnesota, Carry or No Carry?

This is a discussion on Mall of America in Minnesota, Carry or No Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perhaps MN members can help on this: I hold a MN permit and planned a trip to MoA with my wife and daughter. So, I ...

Perhaps MN members can help on this:
    I hold a MN permit and planned a trip to MoA with my wife and daughter. So, I double check on their website and they claim to be a "No Carry" location. Normally I don't support businesses that have this philosophy. I had also read another form where a individual carried, and was detained. I would like to avoid a confrontation. Yet MN law requires a sign at each entrance.
    I would have to guess they want to be a "gun free zone" yet won't follow state law and post signs, which would make it a target! From now on, I'll drive but not shop there in the future.
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

They have a real police substation with real cops.

From Minnesota Statute 624.714, Subdivision 17, paragraph e:

A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineGlock View Post
    Perhaps MN members can help on this:
    I hold a MN permit and planned a trip to MoA with my wife and daughter. So, I double check on their website and they claim to be a "No Carry" location. Normally I don't support businesses that have this philosophy. I had also read another form where a individual carried, and was detained. I would like to avoid a confrontation. Yet MN law requires a sign at each entrance.
    I would have to guess they want to be a "gun free zone" yet won't follow state law and post signs, which would make it a target! From now on, I'll drive but not shop there in the future.
    You may very well know by now, but Minnesota's signage requirement is pretty much 'bark without the bite', in that a person carrying legally may still do so in a business that has a sign. Concealed well, you'll not have a problem. If your carry were discovered, you'd only be asked to leave - failure to do so could yield you a petty misdemeanor $25 ticket for trespassing. A firearm carried in violation of the associated statute is not subject to forfeiture.

In my opinion, there is no reason not to carry at the MOA. I personally don't go anywhere without my carry when legally allowed to do so...including and especially at this mall.

This subject was also broached in a December thread, found here: Cc'ing in the Mall of America
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Links