Print or no print, does it matter?

This is a discussion on Print or no print, does it matter? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since, if you are concealed carrying, does it matter if your gun prints some?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Print or no print, does it matter?

Since, if you are concealed carrying, does it matter if your gun prints some?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ_mp40c View Post
    It matters to me, since I don't want anyone to know I am carrying.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Well, its no longer concealed, which could be a problem.
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

Sure does matter, for several reasons. For one, your concealment is compromised. Secondly, there have been several states, namely Florida, where LEOs have been known to arrest printing carriers for brandishing or similar charges. I don't know if any charges actually stuck, but I'm pretty sure that getting arrested must suck pretty badly.

I don't worry about it. Who's to say its not my smartphone. Heck most people in my parts are so busy with thier smartphone I could walk by with a sawed off shotgun without a glance. I keep it concealed as in covered but don't worry to much about printing. I bet over half my local population has no idea CCW even exists and hence a gun is the last thing they would think of if they saw a bulge under the pants or shirt.
    IBGoodToGo, SCXDm9 and Alex_C like this.

Mike1956 has one answer, based on personal preference. If you're asking about the legality of printing, that's a completely different animal and the answer depends on your own state's laws.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

If you can look at the print and go "thats a gun", its not a good idea. The concealed part is just as important as the carry part.
    bombthrower77 and PAPADALE1 like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

My state allows open carry, so from a legal standpoint, it doesn't matter. I would rather the gun not print so I don't wear it under a skin tight T-shirt, but if there's an occasional shadow of an outline when I turn a certain way, I don't sweat it too much. I've seen people open carry in the store before and fellow employees wouldn't notice when the person walked right passed them. I think people call more attention to guns by constantly adjusting their clothes or "checking" to see if the gun is still there than an occasional glimpse of a print will.
    Ksgunner and dangerranger like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Sure does matter, for several reasons. For one, your concealment is compromised. Secondly, there have been several states, namely Florida, where LEOs have been known to arrest printing carriers for brandishing or similar charges. I don't know if any charges actually stuck, but I'm pretty sure that getting arrested must suck pretty badly.
    Good point. Anytime I go to the bay area or any liberal/leftist bastion of California I'm very carefull to not print. Legal or not your gun is likely to be confiscated with months of paperwork to get it back.

Unless you are totaly dressed inappropriately for your gun printing should not be much of an issue. I guess I don't worry because I dress around the gun, but the fact that I choose my clothing based on my gun does mean I worry about printing. Would I go out in a tight fitting tee shirt with my M&P IWB, NO.

With a good gun belt, holster, and approapriate upper garment I don't worry about a slight bulge. I've been carrying around my parents for 4 months and they have no clue. People are so self absorbed with zero SA these days I say most won't notice unless you make it obvious.

Most sheep don't see the wolf right in front them. I don't know how else to explain Obama's reelection.

Re: Print or no print, does it matter?

If it's printing or your OWB holster is hanging out under your shirt or jacket, your open carrying.

If I open carry I make sure my shirt is pulled behind my pistol/holster. So there's no confusion.

Then when I conceal, better get an xray machine out!

In Montana there's no laws on open carrying except it's legal for anyone. And no laws on printing. However it's like wearing your pants around your butt with a belt on. Just tacky.

In God and Glock we Trust
    Hopyard likes this.

In the vast majority of situations I just don't really care. If it's a situation where I do care, I'll take a bit more time.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Two cares...individual state laws, and personal preferences...
    Does it matter, I think it does!
    Hopyard likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In states where it's unlawful to "print," sure.

To folks who want to stay under the radar at all costs, sure.

For myself, I'm almost always carrying concealed, though I have carried openly quite a bit too. Depending on the venue/activity, I'm less concerned about total concealment than usual, but generally I prefer to be under the radar and "them" not to see my response coming. But that's just me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

...Denver has the right to restrict open carry more than the state law does...they excercise this in some areas of weapons carry...check out their laws as well as state laws before you relax...

Incidental showing if you shirt rides up or something is completely legal in Fl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links