Question for Texas CHL Instructors

This is a discussion on Question for Texas CHL Instructors within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is going to sound like a joke, but it is a real question I have for any TX CHL instructors on here (I know ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rangefinder
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 1 Post By farronwolf

Thread: Question for Texas CHL Instructors

This is going to sound like a joke, but it is a real question I have for any TX CHL instructors on here (I know there are more than a couple). I tried to find the answer on my own but couldn't find anything conclusive. Here goes:

Next weekend is the bachelor party for a friend of mine who is stupid enough to get married without a prenup, anyway a group of his friends, me included, are going to umm patronize some entertainment establishments catering towards male clientele (there hows that a euphemism for ya?). Obviously, any club with a liquor license is going to be a 51% site so that's off limits, but what about those that are BYOB? Those of you in TX may know that there is a determining factor as to whether a club sells alcohol of is BYOB, which I'm not going to detail (look it up). So, provided it isn't a 51% establishment, is there any prohibition on carrying?

I'm not an instructor but I think some common sense is in order. I think the presence of booze will overshadow the presence of food. Booze and firearms do not mix well.

Bachelor party: girls for entertainment + BYOB - + firearms = recipe for disaster (MY OPINION).
    Hopyard likes this.
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by rangefinder View Post
    I'm not an instructor but I think some common sense is in order. I think the presence of booze will overshadow the presence of food. Booze and firearms do not mix well.

Bachelor party: girls for entertainment + BYOB - + firearms = recipe for disaster (MY OPINION).
    I should have mentioned this in my original post but forgot, I don't drink personally.

I should have mentioned this in my original post but forgot, I don't drink personally.
    I'm not a LEO but I think if something unpleasant were to happen the fact you are a non-drinker won't carry much weight.

I still go with my "recipe for disaster".
    USN Retired

...not an instructor either, but you're bound by the CHL laws...obey them as written and you're legally covered...

...being responsible to remain sober's fine...but you're going into a rollicking party atmosphere where others won't be themselves(or they will)...and things have a HUGE chance to get out of hand...a night of celebration could easily turn into a lifetime of regret...leave the gun in the trunk...and help your friends celebrate...that's grey-haired wisdom...gotten the hard way...
    Hopyard likes this.

+1. ^^^^^^

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Doesn't matter. Don't go to stupid places where stupid people do stupid things when they are drunk.

If you insist on going, leave the gun home and enjoy the drinks too. Or go and don't drink and enjoy
    the party.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Any place in Texas is BYOB, UNLESS, they have a liquor license, or license to sell for off premisis consumption.

So by law, you would be perfectly legal to carry into the club that allows for BYOB consumption where there might be a tendancy to deposit dollar bills into articles of clothing.

As far as whether or not it is a smart thing to do, I can't answer that for you. I don't know you, your friends or the establishment.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sponsored Links