Most Dangerous Cities

Most Dangerous Cities

This is a discussion on Most Dangerous Cities within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The latest ranking are out for the most dangerous cities in the country. Looks like St. Louis gets the top, (or bottom) honor this year ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Dangerous Cities

Most Dangerous Cities

The latest ranking are out for the most dangerous cities in the country. Looks like St. Louis gets the top, (or bottom) honor this year depending on how your looking at it.

Who all lives in one of the cities on the list? Not me.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15475741
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    I do not believe everything about that survey. We have some very dangerous parts in this city, but the parts they showed are the parts that I'm not too worried about. But again I live here so I might be famillar with that area. But then again isn't that the point of carrying so that you might stay safe while there is danger around you.

Administrator
    Ben, be happy your town is tops! Now you need bigger, better and more guns! What a perfect excuse to go toy shopping!

Assistant Administrator
    Very glad to say - this dude here lives semi-rural and claims ''Hic'' status LOL!

I had my fill of cities long, long ago and take almost great pains to avoid same. Now and again I have to go to Pittsburgh but that's about as much city as I need - and it's a fine city too in many areas.

No one could pay me to go work or live in many cities - I am thinking DC, Detroit, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, NO, Philly ..... and others!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

OVERALL (320 METROPOLITAN AREAS):

#21 Albuquerque, NM

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit05pop.htm

I've lived in Albuquerque for 2 years now. I started carrying here.

Dang ! B'ham beat Atlanta ? who knows... its mostly from statistics anyway .
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Here in Biloxi, I read the New Orleans (70 miles to the west) and the Jackson (150 miles north) papers on line everyday.

Man, they are shootin' each other left and right. Things seem absolutely out of control in those metro areas.

Little surprised about Birmingham.

Stay safe.

Congratulations to Ohio for having 3 cities in the top 25. We are right up there with California and NJ.

It is actually sad that Youngstown is STILL on that list. That place is so run down that they should just bomb it and start over. I had some friends that got jumped there in an alley and at gun point were forced to hand over their wallets! What a hole!

VIP Member
    P95Carry that would be the life for me too, living in the country. I grew up in this city and would have to learn how to live somewhere else. But I would like to give it a try but not because I'm scared of St. Louis.

The news interview residents of the area that they said were bad. It was kind of like a pro gun advertisement. But the people they interviewed I'm not sure I want them to have a gun! LOL They sounded and looked like the people I am trying to protect myself from.

Its funny how the two cities that were tops in baseball this year are the two worst cities to live in.

I think the state I grew up in, Michigan, gets honors for two of the top three. Actually, I'm surprised that Detroit was not #1; if you've ever been there, you can literally feel the danger everywhere within the city limits (south of Eight Mile, if you know what I mean).

My late father purchased his first and only handgun in Detroit when the 1967 riots broke out. It's a Smith & Wesson Model 10, 4" barrel, with the sweetest stock trigger you've ever felt...right now it's in a one gun safe, ready for duty in the lower level of our home. The original box has the new price on it, $71.95...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Assistant Administrator
    Truth is Ben - and why even here I carry - bad stuff still happens, it's just less frequent probably.

Nowhere is actually worthy IMO of the label ''safe'' - not only can local idiots carry out bad things but with the modern mobility folks have - it's not that unlikely that out of state perp's on a scam vacation can't decide to throw in a few home invasions - about anywhere!

So - while I am glad to not be a city dweller - I have no illusions about complacency regarding potential for trouble - about anywhere!
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    P95Carry crime has nothing to do with it for me. I think I would just prefer that kind of life. But with the kind of work I know how to do, I'm just do not know for sure if I can support myself with out the factories.

Assistant Administrator
    Take your point Ben - tho we do have some factory work in these parts - in my county. Probably tho at lower pay rates maybe then where you are.

I reckon if I was younger and with my machining experience - I could find that sorta work here. In fact after a spell of job losses, things are looking up these days quite well.

My view is - despite semi rural living having some economic downsides - some of the plusses make up for that. I just revel daily in my environment - even tho my own home is quite humble by some standards.
    Chris - P95

I work in the 21st worst Minneapolis and live near the 89 worst St Paul. Anywhere in St Paul is safer than Minneapolis so I think they hit the nail on head.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I thought Houston would be up there. Maybe the cops were meeting their quotas when they did the survey. Heck, I am suprised that Dallas isn't on there either. Or maybe its just my neighborhood. Oh well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links