So many issues here. Interested in your opinions.

This is a discussion on So many issues here. Interested in your opinions. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very compelling story. Shad Olson Reports: Special Delivery--A Life Saved by Concealed Carry.mpg - YouTube Interested in a discussion on this true story....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: So many issues here. Interested in your opinions.

Very compelling story.
    Shad Olson Reports: Special Delivery--A Life Saved by Concealed Carry.mpg - YouTube
    Interested in a discussion on this true story.

2. Remove Ads

I'm glad he made it out ok. It's a shame that Pizza Hut has a no carry policy sending their drivers out on such a risky job. Thankfully I can't stand their pizza so I don't support them anyway. I'd like to know what happened to the little punks who attacked him.

GH
    It appears he had two enemies that night - his attackers who would have taken away his livelihood if they had their way & his employer who did take away his livelihood.

I'll never eat a pizza from Pizza Hut again. Would they have preferred to have their employer killed?
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Here is an example of the good guy with a gun; a hard working citizen, providing for his family and making his contribution to our way of life. Just goes to show you what human life is worth to these predators; willing to kill for the change a guy was carrying and do it in such a brazen manner.
    Too bad we don't know what happened to the bad guys, too bad he didn't empty his weapon as I would have, too bad he didn't hit more of them, so many "too bads".
    I'm happy he made it thru that night with his life. If anyone knows of a fund to help this guy please post it, I personally would contribute.

BTW, Pizza hut is off my list now.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    OMG, the fifth most dangerous job in America? And for this they get the big bucks? Why would anyone take that job?

I am glad he is alright, but why would he take another job delivering pizzas? Heck, FedEx probably has a safer driver program, better benefits, etc. if he really wants to deliver stuff.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    It appears he had two enemies that night - his attackers who would have taken away his livelihood if they had their way & his employer who took did take away his livelihood.

I'll never eat a pizza from Pizza Hut again. Would they have preferred to have their employer killed?
    Yes, thats what they would have preferred. Good guys cant defend them selves, we're just supposed to be victims.
    GH likes this.

Pizza Hut gets no more of my money!

VIP Member
    The local Pizza Hut, which my son delivered pizzas for one summer, went out of business several years ago. In addition to unfriendly weapons policies, they make lousy pizza.
    Brad426 and Phaedrus like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    More proof that most large corporations don't care about their employees safety.

On a side note, I hope he just shoved the gun in his pocket without a holster for the filming of the video and doesn't really pocket carry like that. If not, sooner or later he's going to have more problems to deal with.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    On a side note, I hope he just shoved the gun in his pocket without a holster for the filming of the video and doesn't really pocket carry like that. If not, sooner or later he's going to have more problems to deal with.
    Yup....won't have to worry about more kids, that is for sure.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Would they have preferred to have their employee killed?
    Firing an employee for daring defend his own life = effectively preferring he'd had no ability to save his own life, yes.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    No more Pizza Hut for me either. I never really liked their pizza anyway.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    More proof that most large corporations don't care about their employees safety.
    The prime directive of any corporation is "preserve the corporate assets". All corps are effectively run by their legal departments. An employee is easily replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    The prime directive of any corporation is "preserve the corporate assets". All corps are effectively run by their legal departments. An employee is easily replaceable.
    EEEEEEEXACTLY. Capitalism. All that matters is profit.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Wow, my wife and I literally just discussed ordering a Pizza Hut pizza for dinner this evening.

I'm glad that I saw this first. They're on the same list as CTD and Dick's Sporting Goods now... Not one dime of my money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links