CCDW Permit Approval Question

This is a discussion on CCDW Permit Approval Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone , just thought id share with you that I am applying for my CCDW permit, but I did get an unfortunate DUI charge ...

Thread: CCDW Permit Approval Question

Hello everyone , just thought id share with you that I am applying for my CCDW permit, but I did get an unfortunate DUI charge 10 years ago. Will this old offense play a role in the approval process ? Young and DUMB, I guess ... Thanks for the input, and this message board is GREAT one !!
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It depends on what your application asks for. Some are only concerned with "felony" convictions, some states much more strict. If in doubt, list it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Administrator
    Delaware app/

Have you ever been convicted of any alcohol related offense? Yes No

If yes, list date(s), place(s) offense(s) and sentence(s)

The question is on the app (see above) so you will need to answer that (and all other questions truthfully. If you fib on any app questions that is a crime unto itself.
    One lone alcohol related offense a decade ago....you might be OK on that one. If you no longer drink alcoholic beverages squeeze that info in on your app. in the space provided.

It says on the application if youve ever been charged with an alcohol related offense, so they definately want to know about it. I just didnt know if that was definate grounds for rejection of permit or not. I hope not because I really regret having it to begin with..
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satansbedbugs View Post
    It says on the application if youve ever been charged with an alcohol related offense, so they definately want to know about it. I just didnt know if that was definate grounds for rejection of permit or not. I hope not because I really regret having it to begin with..
    In Arkansas you can have one Alcohol related incident but two will cause you to Lose it or not get it.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

I think you will probably be okay, usually when it comes to disclosing offenses related to alcohol it is in regards to disorderly conduct involving firearms. Say for instance you had a disorderly conduct case for getting drunk and shooting a gun in the air. Here in TX, the disorderly conduct statues are very broad and literally cover anything from swearing in public to doing a Saddam impression with a rifle.

But hey, your in DE, doesn't Uncle Joe tell you to fire a "double barrel shotgun" in the air to scare off intruders?? (I kid)...I'm surprised that story hasn't gained more traction honestly. If you did that here you could be arrested for Deadly Conduct, which is a 3rd degree felony, say goodbye to your guns for life.

New Member Array SmithWessonSD40's Avatar
    How About If I Got Fine That i Still Have To Pay Its Not Big Just 317

Sponsored Links